N-400 with criminal history (misdemeanor) processing times

smsalto

Registered Users (C)
I had criminal charges listed in my N-400 (arrest on misdemeanor). Submitted in August 2006 and FP in Sep 2006. Still waiting for a response. USCIS says they haven't heard from FBI on namecheck yet. Is this normal - more than 1.5 years in FBI namecheck? What to expect with misdeameanor arrest and/or conviction in terms of processing times and chances on interview?
Thanks a lot!

I am waiting since the same time period... hope it gets done soon. When were you arrested and for what? If it was for smaller crime that happened 5 years ago then you should be fine. Your case is stuck in Name Check like mine and many more. They are not doing anything as of now to expedite that.

The crime I was arrested for is misdemeanor but quite recent, althouth the case was dismissed later (it's just there was no opportunity to tell USCIS or FBI about that yet...)

What is this - "FOIPA Filed - March 8th, 2008" ?
And what do you mean by interview letter? I didn't even receive that....

Since name check has been going on for the last 17 months. I have asked this from FBI - Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Request to make sure they dont have anythhing against me. I will be filing WOM against the immigration department in April. So did everything that I could do... No interview letter yet..

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask again - Any pointers to this Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Request with instructions?

Also, could anybody advise how I can "notify" USCIS and FBI that my misdemeanor arrest (not conviction) reported in N400 was already cleared up? I guess that's what's been holding my case...

Hello,

I don't have information about the FOIPA request, but I am sure if you do a search in the forum you'll find the information you are earnestly requesting from us. What I would like to say is that I don't think this misdemeanor arrest has anything to do with your name check delay. You might have better luck with asking help from senator, suing USCIS or other measures who have helped other people to get unstuck from the name check black hole.