N-400 Where to move?

julian_bashir

N-400 Where to move Dover or Mt Laurel?

Hi Friends,

My wife will qualify for her Citizenship in mid July. We are currently living in the Newark office region. However, both our jobs are city agnostic and we would like to move somewhere which has better processing times.

We were thinking about South Jersey (Mt Laurel) or Delaware (Dover) in order to get her processed quicker.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best option or alternatives?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

My wife will qualify for her Citizenship in mid July. We are currently living in the Newark office region. However, both our jobs are city agnostic and we would like to move somewhere which has better processing times.

We were thinking about South Jersey (Mt Laurel) or Delaware (Dover) in order to get her processed quicker.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best option or alternatives?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

Newark is a very fast DO, so don't be too quick to move.

It's usually not the local office that holds the processing and caues delay. It's the background check and I suspect what country you are from. My co-worker and I applied for Citizenship the same week. He is from Canada. I'm from a middle eastern country (but I have been here 25 years). He got his citizenship in 3 months. Yes, really. It only took him 3 months. It took me over 2 years. We both applied at Seattle office. Some local offices may process it a little faster or a little slower, but local office isn't the problem usually. I recommend apply to office that's most convenient for you.

It's usually not the local office that holds the processing and caues delay. It's the background check and I suspect what country you are from. My co-worker and I applied for Citizenship the same week. He is from Canada. I'm from a middle eastern country (but I have been here 25 years). He got his citizenship in 3 months. Yes, really. It only took him 3 months. It took me over 2 years. We both applied at Seattle office. Some local offices may process it a little faster or a little slower, but local office isn't the problem usually. I recommend apply to office that's most convenient for you.

That's not entirely true. Certain local offices have a higher volume of applications than others, which causes the discrepancy in processing times.

Thanks, I guess, we will just need to move to either place. We need to move out of Newark, so its going to be a tough choice.

Julian

In baltimore office it took me 3 and half month. This office also schedules interview and oath same day.

vik_b

PD 7/29/08
Interview and oath 11/20/08