N-400 Timeline - St Albans,VT

Rahul Kumar

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone ever applied for their Natz from this local sub office ? (I am not talking about the VSC)

Any timelines ?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a possibility that I may have to move to Burlington,VT due to work reasons (near VSC -St Albans). If thats the case how long do you think will be the wait time for my file to move between
the ASC's ? The processing time at the local sub office is very fast.

Will it be complicated by the time it takes to move my file etc? Any first or second hand N-400 address change experiences ?

Residency

If I decide to move to VT due to a 1 1/2 year consulting contract that my employer has offered me, what are the things I will have to do to establish residency there apart from

Filing resident taxes for VT,NR taxes for PA
Using VT address in Federal Return
Getting a VT Drivers Lic
Getting an apartment/utilities etc in VT

Would the fact that I still hold on to my apartment in Philly (cancelling a lease has a huge penalty, id rather sublet it) be a cause for concern..

Any thoughts anyone?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Rahul:
If you change your address, in addition to all the points you mentioned :
1. You would need to submit an AR-11 change of address form

2. Have at least 3 month residence in VT (1.5 years is comfortable)

3. Call up NCSC, give them your case number, and tell them you moved (you still have to fine for AR-11 anyway)

My guess is that processing times in VT will be quite fast based on the reduced case load in VT

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
thanks for ur thoughts will file AR11... more ideas ....?

Whatever you file with INS(BCIS/USIS or whatever the name now), always use the return receipt method. That way you always have proof of what you did. So you can produce those receipts if INS claims that they have not received it. To be on the safe side. This is the advice a lawyer offered in his column in the local Indian newspaper, when I was in MD.

Good luck with (more) snow and St. Albans :)