N-400 timeline in Denver-COLORADO

Which office to apply to

Drarmageddon said:
Is it Denver DO so fast or I was just lucky once in all my life.
I need to move by Jan first but at least I am happy I know
when my interview is scheduled. I should just pray my Name
check story won't become disappointing like some of the fellows
in this website. But Thanks GOD, So far So Good ;)

Drarmageddon,

Congratulations on your fast processing. The guide to naturalization says N-400 for Colorado residents should be sent to N(ebraska)SC. So I am curious about why you chose to send it to the local Denver office? I live in Minneapolis and would also like to send it to a local office if advantageous since NSC seems to be quite far behind.

The guide makes no mention of applying at the local office - so I had the impression it is not permitted.

Thanks,

hi234 said:
Drarmageddon,

Congratulations on your fast processing. The guide to naturalization says N-400 for Colorado residents should be sent to N(ebraska)SC. So I am curious about why you chose to send it to the local Denver office? I live in Minneapolis and would also like to send it to a local office if advantageous since NSC seems to be quite far behind.

The guide makes no mention of applying at the local office - so I had the impression it is not permitted.

Thanks,

No No, I didn't send my package to Denver DO. I sent it to Nebraska. Why some states' processing times are faster than other in spite of their common service center, is because of of their local district offices, I GUESS. So don't make mistake, you have to send your package to your state's service center.

Dorothy Yan said:
I did send email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov last week. I heard it takes 8-10 weeks to get a reply. I went to Denver office and the immigration officer told me that the name check on me started on July 6th, 2004. They can see that from their system.

It does NOT take 8-10 weeks to get a reply from FBI NNCP Dept. It takes them atleast 120 days on average to hear back from FBI. Last week, they were sending replies to October 30-31, 2004.

hi234 said:
Drarmageddon,

Thanks,

Hi hi234

I live in Minneapolis region too. You send your package to NSC not Bloomington or St. Paul. My understanding is that the local office takes care of finger printing, interview & other items.

The Denver congressman office called me today saying they contacted FBI, and my case is still pending. He said he could not get any detail since FBI is processing case behind the door, it seems like it's the name check or finger print is pending. He expects the FBI contact person will give him more detail in the following week. Basically I just listenedd to him, and did not know what to ask. So the answer is kind of vague and I don't know if this will help to speed up my case. Please give me some suggestions what I should ask the congressman if he calls next time.

Your can check if your FP is pending yourself. Call the # I provided in my PDF
If namecheck is pending for a LONG time then you can use the congresman's office
to get you an expedite if possible.

Ask the congressman to
1) Query the status regularly on your behalf
2) Get an estimated competion time from FBI
3) What it would take for the FBI to expedite

Rahul Kumar said:
Your can check if your FP is pending yourself. Call the Hi guys
Hi Rahul and Jeff, you guys has a lot of knowlege in immigration laws and i think you can help me in this.

I moved to colorado recently for a contract job, but i am not sure how longit will be , may be 6 months.
I applied for citizenship 9 months ago in new york city, and i did my finger print 6 months ago.
i dont know what to do, do i have to tell the INS that i moved to denver and in this way they will transfert my file to denver and it will be delayed for months.
do i have to just keep my new york address with INS and go to new york for the interview. I have all my mail go to new york where i was living with my roomate so i still can check my mail there.
can i keep new york as my state of residency and work in colorado specially that this work is contract based.
do they care if you go to work in another state.
also do i have to fill the AR 11 form???
thanx for your help

I wrote to Mr. David M. Hardy more than two weeks ago, and I got the email reply today, see below. I am told that my case is still pending. Maybe Mr. Hardy's office replies his letters for him, and I don't feel the letter really worked. I am so disappointed now. Please tell me what to do next.
-------------------------------------------------
Dear XXX:

I am responding to your letter dated February 13, 2005, concerning your name
check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from
the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for you was received on June 30,
2004, and is currently in a pending status.

This email also explains the difference in processing an individual's Freedom of
Information-Privacy Act (FOIPA) request versus an FBI National Name Check
Program (NNCP) record review. While both FOIPA and NNCP process requests
through an automated or manual check of the FBI's Central Records System
Universal Index (UNI) of 86 million files, the scope of the searches for these
two programs differ. The difference in searches reflects the distinct purpose
of the two programs. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a FOIPA
request. NNCP conducts a search to identify any information contained in FBI
records that may be associated with an individual and provides the information
to another government entity. FOIPA searches to determine whether there is a
file of investigation associated with an individual. This is called a "main
file" search. The NNCP conducts both a main file and a "reference" search. A
reference is someone whose name merely appears in an FBI file or investigation.
For NNCP checks, in each instance where UNI has identified a name variation or
reference, an FBI analyst must review the information to determine whether it is
applicable to the individual in question. This thorough vetting of a name can
consume considerable time.

You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the
earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division
--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
djamel said:
Rahul Kumar said:
Your can check if your FP is pending yourself. Call the Hi guys
Hi Rahul and Jeff, you guys has a lot of knowlege in immigration laws and i think you can help me in this.

I moved to colorado recently for a contract job, but i am not sure how longit will be , may be 6 months.
I applied for citizenship 9 months ago in new york city, and i did my finger print 6 months ago.
i dont know what to do, do i have to tell the INS that i moved to denver and in this way they will transfert my file to denver and it will be delayed for months.
do i have to just keep my new york address with INS and go to new york for the interview. I have all my mail go to new york where i was living with my roomate so i still can check my mail there.
can i keep new york as my state of residency and work in colorado specially that this work is contract based.
do they care if you go to work in another state.
also do i have to fill the AR 11 form???
thanx for your help

Tranfering your case may work better for you because cases in New york are way behind.right now their processing time for N-400 is 10/19/03 yet in Denver, CO it is 09/05/04,thats a huge difference.

Dorothy Yan said:
Have not heard anything from congressman yet. How is going with your case?

Still waiting to get a reply to my email I sent to FBI regarding name check status. I email around NOV 20.

BTW did you try Salazar or somebody else.

Drarmageddon said:
Still waiting to get a reply to my email I sent to FBI regarding name check status. I email around NOV 20.

BTW did you try Salazar or somebody else.

I have not contacted any other congressman or senator. Actually the congressman office did want to help, but it seems that FBI does not consider to expedite any name check even congressman or senator contact them. So I feel even I try somebody else, it may not help also. I think my name got "hit", and it is in a queue waiting to be cleared by an analyst manually. Who knows when the analyst would touch my case!

Do you plan to try the congressman or senator?

Got this email today

Dear xxxxxxxxx:

I am responding to your email dated November 30, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you on November 4, 2004, and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of your case.

Sincerely yours,

At least by this email I found these:

1- It is about five month since my name check started and it is still in pending status
2- The date USCIS initiated my name check is about exactly the date they sent me the N-400 finger print letter
3- At least I am happy the initiation of my name check was without error
4- My name has definately got a hit (considering 99% completion of name checks in 120 days :eek: ) and at last I should hope it finishes by next month.

PD: 10/29/04
FP: 11/19/04
Interview: 1/29/05 Passed but pending FBI Name check Result
Oath: GK (God Knows :rolleyes: )

denver DO question

folks,

Is the oath taken the same day as the interview in Denver??

If it is different day then when is the oath scheduled?

What are the timelines

Thanks

Oath

Oath is not taken on the same day in Denver. Nebraska received application on 12/09/04. Interview on 03/24/05. My interview took so long because I was in and out of the country. My cousin application was received on 12/16/04 and interviewed on 03/09/05. She did not have her oath yet. And did not received anything yet. But I know that Denver is having a large ceremony downtown and they are trying to put as much people as possible in that ceremony.

Jewels.

Denver DO

Thanks for the info !

So oath is not on the same day OR even close to the interview. What is the typical wait time for oath after interview?

BTW did the travel(i am assuming overseas) after FP to interview have any effect on the final outcome?

Thanks

interview date to oath date

Manju -

My experience is different to most posts on this thread. I interviewed 3/25, and would have taken the oath in april, except the guy said probably those date were full. on 4/29 I received notice to come to the oath ceremony on 5/13. Looks like some people have to wait much longer if the name check slows down the process.

Good luck.

Average FP wait time in Denver

FOlks,

What is the average wait time to get FP notice ?

Thanks