N-400 timeline in Denver-COLORADO

Drarmageddon

Registered Users (C)
Hey there,

Is there any experience with the Denver N-400 timeline.
Here is my timeline:

N-400 package mailed: Oct 23, 04
PD: Oct 25, 04
FD: Nov 19, 04

when do you think I should expect to be interviewed???
what about oath wait time???

Thanks for your input.

UPDATE (Nov 29, 2004):

Today I received my Interview letter. So here is my timeline again:

N-400 package mailed: Oct 23, 2004
1st NOA dated Oct 29, 2004 Acknowledging receipt of
my application and $390.00 fee received on Nov 02, 04
PD: Oct 25, 2004
2nd NOA dated Nov 08, 2004 regarding my fingerprint notification
received on Nov 12, 04
FD: Nov 19, 2004
Interview Letter received: Nov 29, 2004
Interview scheduled: January 26, 2005

Good luck with every other ones' application.
Will Update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on Denver N-400

Is it Denver DO so fast or I was just lucky once in all my life.
I need to move by Jan first but at least I am happy I know
when my interview is scheduled. I should just pray my Name
check story won't become disappointing like some of the fellows
in this website. But Thanks GOD, So far So Good ;)

Drarmageddon said:
Hey there,

Is there any experience with the Denver N-400 timeline.
Here is my timeline:

N-400 package mailed: Oct 23, 04
PD: Oct 25, 04
FD: Nov 19, 04

when do you think I should expect to be interviewed???
what about oath wait time???

Thanks for your input.

UPDATE (Nov 29, 2004):

Today I received my Interview letter. So here is my timeline again:

N-400 package mailed: Oct 23, 2004
1st NOA dated Oct 29, 2004 Acknowledging receipt of
my application and $390.00 fee received on Nov 02, 04
PD: Oct 25, 2004
2nd NOA dated Nov 08, 2004 regarding my fingerprint notification
received on Nov 12, 04
FD: Nov 19, 2004
Interview Letter received: Nov 29, 2004
Interview scheduled: January 26, 2005

Good luck with every other ones' application.
Will Update.

just got fp notice

Just a follow-up on Denver N400 processing times:

Sent in my package around 12/27/05

Received notice 1/15/05 that my filing date was 1/11/05

Received fingerprinting notice 1/24/05 to be printed on 1/29/05.

Fingers crossed for a speedy interview...

***Update***

Got interview notice about 3 weeks after fingerprinting. My interview is scheduled for 3/25/05. This is the first I've read about the name-check delay. Fingers still crossed and will update after interview...

***Update***

Interview was fine - started about 70 minutes after scheduled time, asked 6 questions from the 100, brief question about one 7 month stay out of U.S. but no fuss, informed me that I'd passed, and that April was probably already full, so to expect notice for oath ceremony sometime in May. I asked about FBI name-check, and he said that I'd passed it already.

On 4/29 received notice of Oath Ceremony on 5/13. Bravo Nebraska Service Center and Denver District Office! Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
My today's interview experience

OK I did go to my interview today. 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment, an officer called my name and took me in. she guided me to her office and offered me a seat. she was very nice and formal. she introduced herself and told that she will conduct the interview today. She explained that she will first review the application with me and then she will do the English
reading-writing and the US history test. After asking me to stand and swear,
she started to go over my application.

She printed the computer generated English and US history tests and
first asked me to write a sentence and read a sentence and then
started the US history. It was a paper with 10 Qs. He explained to me that
I need to answer 6 of them correctly. I answered the first 6 correctly so
she stopped reading the rest of the questions and signed that paper.
Then she asked me to sign the edge of my photos that I had sent with
my application.

After that I saw she took some forms. I crossed my finger to see the oath letter but Uhhhh I saw that famous form saying you have passed the ........... and I saw her hand writing on the lower section: PENDING FBI NAME CHECK ......

So I got my answer before she started to explain what the story was. She told me what the name check was and that FBI has the authority on that. She added that the people in the office will check the PENDING NAME CHECK list every firday and as soon as they are cleared they will send the approval and hopefully the oath in the mail.

She handed me that form and also another letter explaining the NAME CHECK
and the time line we should expect. It was signed by the director of the DO.

I have scanned the letter and you can see that here. Well reading the
lengthy time line story of other fellows here I was 90% sure that my name
check even in normal case should take at least 3-4 month to get cleared after
the USCIS send the inquiry (according to FBI that 98% are cleared in 120 days). Having a PD of Oct 25, 04 and FD: Nov 19, 04 and reading other FBI responses to friends in this thread, I assume my name check inquiry had been sent around the second or third week of NOVEMBER, 04. So I am hoping to get my oath letter in the next 2 month.

Other thing that I noticed about Denver office N-400 application timelines in 2004 was that almost most of the applicants got their fingerprint notice 3 month after their Priority Date and then Interview letter 3 month after the fingerprint date making an average of 5-6 month from the start, so many of their name checks were cleared by the time of interview. I thought I was lucky that I am going to finish everything in 3 month. Maybe beginning 2005, they have decided to finish everything from PD to Interview in 3 month and then complete the pending cases according to coming clearances. I am not sure, just a thought. I only know that USCIS website says that by Jan 14, they were taking care of SEPTEMBER 05, 2004 cases.

So having a PD of OCT 25 and being done with Interview in Jan 26, It again supports the idea that, what they mean by Sept 05, 2004 in USCIS Website for Denver DO N-400 must be the oath ceremony.

Hope this experience help others especially my fellows in Denver DO :) .

Good luck with all.

My officer was not that patient to explain every details of what he will do and when they might contact me but well he gave me the same form with my A# on that.

I hope your guessing about the estimate time for oath be true and we might see each other in the oath ceremony.

Good Luck.

Drarmageddon,

I have the exactly same interview experiences with Denver immigration office. I had my interview on Oct 20th, 2004. I have not heard anything from them till now. I just went to Denver immigration office today, and I was told the name check is still pending. What is your nationality? I just wonder if the FBI name check time is different for various nationality.

Dorothy Yan said:
Drarmageddon,

I have the exactly same interview experiences with Denver immigration office. I had my interview on Oct 20th, 2004. I have not heard anything from them till now. I just went to Denver immigration office today, and I was told the name check is still pending. What is your nationality? I just wonder if the FBI name check time is different for various nationality.

I am from Syria. I hope nationality plays a null effect but well I doubt it especially with so much pressure of this conservative cabinet and....maybe it is one of the major factors in delay of the name check of certain applicants. I believe RAHUL should open a permanent thread so as every body with more than 4 month wait time in FBI name check pending inform others of their nationality or their region. Although this might not be scientifically important but can be a good way to see if the NATIONALITY can play a role in extensive name check pending, a subject that has never and will never be exposed by FBI and DHS. Maybe this thread with this title would lead some serious people to follow up on this and possibly reveal more of un-constitutional and discriminatory consequences of current DHS policies.

By the way what is your timetable from the start??????

I applied citizenship on June 17th, 2004. I did fingerprint on August 6th, 2004. I passed interview on October 20, 2004. I was told that my name check started on July 6th, 2004. I am still waiting for name check to be cleared now.

Dorothy Yan said:
I applied citizenship on June 17th, 2004. I did fingerprint on August 6th, 2004. I passed interview on October 20, 2004. I was told that my name check started on July 6th, 2004. I am still waiting for name check to be cleared now.

You are not very off the timeline of many people I have seen in Denver so don't worry at all and I am sure in a month you will hear from them but meanwhile wait to get your FOIPA reply and if you didn't hear anything from the INS, contact the congressmen.

By the way do you know what the oath letter looks like??? Is it in an envelope from Denver District office or it is from USCIS again (like the interview letter).

Thanks, I hope it would be like what you said. I think the oath letter should be in an envolope from Denver District Office. My neighbour applied citizenship one month later than me, and she has already taken the oath in December 2004. She got the oath letter from Denver District Office two weeks after the interview, and she was cleared by the time when she took the interview. Have you had any experience of contacting the congressmen of Colorado?

Dorothy Yan said:
Thanks, I hope it would be like what you said. I think the oath letter should be in an envolope from Denver District Office. My neighbour applied citizenship one month later than me, and she has already taken the oath in December 2004. She got the oath letter from Denver District Office two weeks after the interview, and she was cleared by the time when she took the interview. Have you had any experience of contacting the congressmen of Colorado?

I hope we won't need to use them.After all Allard might not be interested in immigration and Salazar has just got into senate. I would start with salazar and I think if you decided to get help, you start with him. In my work place there is a sewedish colleague who applied in 2004. It took 2-3 month till she got the fingerprint notice and 3 month to the interview. She was also cleared by that time. In my case I will wait another 3 month (overall 6 month since the start) to get any news. In your case I would start acting seriously right after getting your FOIPA reply (of course if still your oath letter has not come yet which I am sure it will ).

By the way how old is your neighbor and what is her natinality???

Drarmageddon said:
I hope we won't need to use them.After all Allard might not be interested in immigration and Salazar has just got into senate. I would start with salazar and I think if you decided to get help, you start with him. In my work place there is a sewedish colleague who applied in 2004. It took 2-3 month till she got the fingerprint notice and 3 month to the interview. She was also cleared by that time. In my case I will wait another 3 month (overall 6 month since the start) to get any news. In your case I would start acting seriously right after getting your FOIPA reply (of course if still your oath letter has not come yet which I am sure it will ).

By the way how old is your neighbor and what is her natinality???

My neighbour is 30 years old and she is from Taiwan. It only took her 4 months from applying citizenship to taking oath. For my case, it has been 7.5 months since I applied citizenship. I could not find any FBI number can be used for checking name check status. As you said, I would wait for my FOIPA first.

Dorothy Yan said:
My neighbour is 30 years old and she is from Taiwan. It only took her 4 months from applying citizenship to taking oath. For my case, it has been 7.5 months since I applied citizenship. I could not find any FBI number can be used for checking name check status. As you said, I would wait for my FOIPA first.

At this point inquire about your name check status by sending an email to this address: " FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov " with your info including your name, A# , DOB and address. How did you know your exact date since your name check has been pending????

I did send email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov last week. I heard it takes 8-10 weeks to get a reply. I went to Denver office and the immigration officer told me that the name check on me started on July 6th, 2004. They can see that from their system.

I moved from new york to denver recenly
it has been 7 months since i sent my N400
my finger print was in september 2004
do i have to change my address to denver?
if i change my address how long it take to transfert the file to denver?
or i will do the interview in new york????

It depends on the normal timeline in New York, although you are required to notify the USCIS of your change of address. Well if you can make sure that somebody in your former address will get your mails and notify you ASAP, you might decide to not to change your address at this point because it will probably delay your file.

Hi Drarmageddon,

Can you please tell us if the 10 questions at the interview were from the 100 questions that USCIS has in its web site or different?

Thanks

itsmetraveler said:
Hi Drarmageddon,

Can you please tell us if the 10 questions at the interview were from the 100 questions that USCIS has in its web site or different?

Thanks

Exactly chosen from that 100 questions posted on USCIS website.

I got FOIPA response on Feb 12th saying "No Record". I contact my congressman office on Feb 14th, and the assistant of the congressman said he would write an inquery letter to FBI about my name check status. Hope this will help. My name check has been pending for more than 8 months, feel very worried.

Dorothy Yan said:
I got FOIPA response on Feb 12th saying "No Record". I contact my congressman office on Feb 14th, and the assistant of the congressman said he would write an inquery letter to FBI about my name check status. Hope this will help. My name check has been pending for more than 8 months, feel very worried.

Reading more posts that USCIS name check inquiries from FBI have ended in submission error makes me really worried and the worst thing is that no body finds out unless you follow up with them. COMPLETE IGNORANCE! Isn't it???

After reading all these posts, this is my conclusion that the main reason of name check delay is that the FBI feels they don't need to answer to any body and honestly as long as they have millions of name in their hand to work on for any stupid and nonsense reasons, they will be able to use that excuse to ask for more federal money. Why they should act fast and then have to cut the staff and >>>> Cut their budget. They will prefer to have excuse to ask for more LAZY ASS staff and more more more money........