N-400 Timeline in Bay Area, California

fremontca24

I have two question related to N-400 :
1. I applied for citizenship on August 20th.
I received my fingerprint notice with PD - August 24th, 2005.
Fingerprinting was done on September 24th, 2005.

How long will it take ( approx.) to get inteview notice ?

2. When I applied for citizenship, I missed putting in my traffic tickets.

What should I do ? Anything that I can do to put in correct information or
does it matter at all ?

Northern CA - N-400 Processing times

The whole process for me was 159 days... That is from the day I submited my application, to the day I took the Oath!!! 4/20 to 9/13
Traffic tickets: List them in a separate sheet of paper and bring it to the interview. Just let the know that you did not know...It is the most common ommission...I even did not include them.... I brought the note in the interview with a list of my tickets to the best of my recollection. Lat ticket I received was 7 years ago, and the first was 22 years ago...
Bring a driving record if the fines are recent 3-5 years...

Good luck!!!

Detailed timeline/experience

This is my timeline and experience for you to get a reference!

Region: San Francisco, CA (Oakland Field Office)
Mailed: April 20th,2005
PD: April 25th,2005
FP: June 3rd, 2005
Interview notice: June 25th or so...
Interview: August 22, 2005
Oath Ceremony: September 27th

The interview went well. The interviewing officer went over my application in great detail. All questions on the form, addresses, dates, one by one...I found it a little bit unusual, but she was polite...She went over all my tax papers in great detail...(I owed some taxes) She asked some of the questions twice or more. I just focused to answer them in detail...specially my addresses and employers... I could not remember exact dates... I have moved over 5 times, and changed employer 3 times. She also went over all my passport entries, one by one against passport stamps... It was a thourough interview but in all, less than 15-20 minutes. The civics questions were printed on a form, she asked me to read them and answer them outloud....
At the end, she asked me to sign in cursive letters and not like my original signature. It was a bit odd, since I do not write cursive.... She asked me to sign my photographs in the same manner.

I passed, got the N-652 with the standard 'congratulations....
Oath: The N-562 says ' If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony'......
I asked about the Oath ceremony, and she explained to me that the dates were pre-arranged. It is my believe that people who have early AM appointments are given the option to have the ceremony on the same day. I have also read in this forum, that some people walked with the oath ceremony paper in their hands! I really do not know the protocol, but I believe that an early appointment time improves the chances of either two scenarios mentioned above.

I wish you luck!!!!

fremontca24 said:

does it matter at all ?

I also suggest you to check out the 'SF N400 tracker' thread. they have lot of ppl posting their timeline so you have a some ideas how long it will take the n400 case in general.

seems nowadays, n400 is being processed fast. i thought my case was fast (except the background check pending for 2 months); germana's case is even faster :)

fremontca24 said:

does it matter at all ?

It is ok if you forgot to list your traffic tickets on the N-400 form. Gather all information that you have on your tickets and take that with you to the interview. During the interview, the adjudicating officer will add that to your application or will tell you that he/she doesn't care. From what I gather, typical traffic citations have no bearing on the application. It is things like DUI/DWI, reckless driving etc., that they may want to scrutinize.