N-400 Timeline: Honolulu, HI

My case timeline 2012

I have submitted N-400 on behalf of my wife. She has been a permenent resident for 8 years. My wife and daughter need their US Citizenship to get their US Passports so they can travel overseas with me. Here is our current timeline:

Sent N-400 application to Nebraska Lockbox facility: August 9, 2012
N-400 application received & priority date: August 14, 2012
Received notice of Biometrics: August 28, 2012
Biometrics Appointment: September 20, 2012

Based on others experiences we are anticipating her interview and test to be around end of November. If anyone has any input or questions, please post. Will provide update when status changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have submitted N-400 on behalf of my wife. She has been a permenent resident for 8 years. My wife and daughter need their US Citizenship to get their US Passports so they can travel overseas with me.

Is your daughter under 18, or if she's over 18 were you already a US citizen when she was still under 18? And is she your biological or legally adopted daughter (i.e. not a stepdaughter)?

If yes to both questions, she might already have derived US citizenship from you and can apply for her US passport right now.

none

Is your daughter under 18, or if she's over 18 were you already a US citizen when she was still under 18? And is she your biological or legally adopted daughter (i.e. not a stepdaughter)?

If yes to both questions, she might already have derived US citizenship from you and can apply for her US passport right now.

She is under 18 but she is my stepdaughter. If she was my biological daughter I would have already gotten that passport really quick. According to my research, under the Child Citizenship Act my daughter (actually step-daughter just for clarification but from now on I'm going to say daughter) automatically derives U
S Citizenship from my wife when she becomes US citizen so we will be able to apply for US passports for both of them at the same time.