N-400 Tampa Timeline

Tudo

My Wife and I went to the removal of conditions interview on May 7th, 2007. Everything went just fine, approved and conditions removed. Wife has already received her new 10 year green card in the mail.

We noticed our check already cashed ( deposited ) and have received correspondance today, ( I-797C Notice of Action), and it says Recipt with Exception., Case Type N400, when it was received, etc.

It says "The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s)-your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail.

Further below it also says "You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 730 days of this notice.

Question, does anyone have an idea of what the missing evidence might mean?

Does anyone have experience with this in the Tampa region? We were told by the interviewing officer that it would probably be 6 months or less before the naturalization interview. Why would the letter say 730 days?

Thank you all in advance

What a journey!

The exception could indicate a couple of things. It seems to be a form letter that's generated if you select certain options on the N400.

For example, if you claimed you've had a citation, it generates a "notice with exception." Same if you apply based on 3 years of marriage to a USC instead of 5 years of PR, etc. Just take all the documents listed on the sticky thread and you'll be fine.

As for number of days, it's random. Mine said 435 days, but the entire process took 5 mos (from PD to oath). Ignore it and look for the "Tampa timeline" thread. I'm not sure there are too many folks from Tampa on this board, but I'm sure there's a thread somewhere.