N-400 Status Check

mumbyte

I have read many threads related to people calling the USCIS/FBI for status. Can anyone tell how soon after your FP is done can we call USCIS and/or FBI? I had my FP done over 2 weeks ago, but dont see the last update status being updated (in the online status check)..

That online tool is useless.It will only show you intial receipt.In som cases it disappears when they sent you you interview notice.Other than that you will never see any other info update.You can call FBI any time and all they will tell you they send infomation back same day.Enjoy the waiting game.I would just focus on dates for you DO.That tells you when you expect interview letter:D.Post your times lines .So you can be added to spredsheet.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!
I think my DO is wash DC (since I am in northern VA). They are still processing 7/25/06 :(
My Dates (and same dates for my wife)
PD: 2/20/2007
FP: 3/20/2007

Today it take 9 months to year to get citizenship.That is if you dont get stuck in name game.So dont sweat it.!

The FP status in not visible online, the next status change may happen when the interview letter is mailed out -- it may never change for some people.

Thanks for the info!
I think my DO is wash DC (since I am in northern VA). They are still processing 7/25/06 :(
My Dates (and same dates for my wife)
PD: 2/20/2007
FP: 3/20/2007

mumbyte,

I am tracking the stats. for the Washington D.C (No. VA) applicants and have taken a note of your information. Please see my signature below for the thread that we use, including a link that will give you predictions for your N-400 application. BTW, the next version of the spreadsheet (published either on weekend or on Mondays) will include your information as well. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks !

Thanks koolvik7!

Do you know if when would be most appropriate to call re: FP status or know the name check status ?

You can find out if the FBI has returned fingerprinting results to USCIS, call 304-625-5590 (option 3; have your alien registration number ready). They will not provide the specific results; only whether the results have been returned to USCIS. Usually this happens within a day or two of taking the fingerprints.

For Name Check process, well that is a black hole. 90% of the applicants have no problem as they pass the NC. Monitor your timeline and see if your Interview Letter is being delayed (use the DC Tracker). If you believe your case has been delayed, you can take an InfoPass appointment with the USCIS: http://infopass.uscis.gov/ . This way you will be able to obtain up-to-date information regarding the status of your application, in particular, whether all security and name checks have been cleared and whether there are any pending issues with the application.

Hope this helps. DC Tracker thread is quite active and forum members can also answer additional questions regarding the Washington DO. Goold luck