N-400 questions.

columbusohio1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

1) My residency date is 09/10/2004. What date is per 90 day ahead rule?

Is it 90 days from 09/09/2009, which will be 06/11/2009? Is that the earliest date when I have to sign the application and mail it?

2) Other names used? Are those names are lagally changed names? I used one nick name in few places, but on all official documents, I used my birth name? Do I need to still mention my nick name?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Hi,

1) My residency date is 09/10/2004. What date is per 90 day ahead rule?

Is it 90 days from 09/09/2009, which will be 06/11/2009? Is that the earliest date when I have to sign the application and mail it?

2) Other names used? Are those names are lagally changed names? I used one nick name in few places, but on all official documents, I used my birth name? Do I need to still mention my nick name?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Apply 80 day rule instead of 90 day rule to be safe.

Thanks.

Like to know what will be the exact date, if 90 day rule apply to my resident since 09/10/2004?

Also can someone please make some suggestions to my second question?

Thanks.

N-400 part 7 C

N- 400 PART. 7
Seven years ago I traveled more than three times, I do not know the dates of the travel, and sat outside months in each period. With the last five years i didn't travel outside the United States.

If you are known publicly by your nickname, then yes it should be listed even if it isn't on official documents like your license or bank account. For example, Earvin Johnson is publicly known by his nickname "Magic" Johnson. But if the nickname is just a private one between friends and family, you don't need to list it.

Thanks Jackolantern.

Due to my birth name, which is long and difficult to pronounce, I used nick name. Most people know me by nick name, but it's not legally changed name.
Still I have to mention my nick name?

Also on some official documents, my legal name abbreviated in different ways. Do I need to list all those names? Credit report shows all those different ways the name is spelled?

Thanks.

good advice

Apply 80 day rule instead of 90 day rule to be safe.

I agree with applying 80 instead of 90, that is what I have done, in fact I mail it off today the 28th, my 90 days would have allowed me mail it on the 18th, but I have read too many horror stories here when applicants have tried to get it to the hour almost and had their application sent back or delayed.

I would like to know if anyone of you have had this problem. My receipt number was working fine until today. It is saying that my receipt number is incomplete and is reported problem with my IP address. I tried several computers and encountered the same problem.

The question is ambiguous. It doesn't say, only legally changed names, or all forms of names ever used. Hope this won't throw in namecheck blackhole.