N-400 questions --please help!

2005appleeater

Hello All,

Background:

I have been a permanent resident since June 9th, 2004. I obtained my green card through an employment based petition. Since I used the consular processing route, the green card shows the date I entered the US as an immigrant. I was in India before I immigrated to the US on June 9th, 2004. Since that time, I have been continuously employed in the US and have been out of the US only on vacation for short trips.

In reading through multiple posts and the N-400 instructions, I understand that I am eligible to apply for naturalization up to 90 days before my 5 year LPR anniversary. I intend to apply roughly around 85 days before my 5 year anniversary.

Questions:

(a) Part 2 of N-400, do I select option A. that states "I have been a lawful
permanent resident of the United States for at least five years" although I will complete 5 years of LPR only ~ 85 days later.

(b) Part 6-A of N-400, "Where have you lived during the last five years...". Do I include my Indian address where I lived before I entered the US on an immigrant visa? This question comes up because my current address only goes back 4 years and 9 months.

(c) Part 7-A and B of N-400 "How many total days did you spend outside of the United States..." and "How many trips of 24 hours or more have you taken outside of the United States...". Do I include my stay in India before I became an LPR? Again, I have been in the US only for 4 years and 9 months as an LPR.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

2005appleeater

Hello All,

(a) Part 2 of N-400, do I select option A. that states "I have been a lawful
permanent resident of the United States for at least five years" although I will complete 5 years of LPR only ~ 85 days later.
You would select this option since this is the rule you are applying under.
(b) Part 6-A of N-400, "Where have you lived during the last five years...". Do I include my Indian address where I lived before I entered the US on an immigrant visa? This question comes up because my current address only goes back 4 years and 9 months.
List addresses in the last 5 years as a LPR. If you only have been LPR for 4 years + 9 months, then list addresses during this time only.
(c) Part 7-A and B of N-400 "How many total days did you spend outside of the United States..." and "How many trips of 24 hours or more have you taken outside of the United States...". Do I include my stay in India before I became an LPR? Again, I have been in the US only for 4 years and 9 months as an LPR.

Again, only list travel during last 5 years as an LPR. If you only have been LPR for 4 years + 9 months, then list travel during this time only.