N-400 question!

ciril99

Registered Users (C)
If someone works as a religious volunteer in prisons, does it affect anything when that person who is on Green Card applies for citizenship?
There is a check box on N-400 if anyone have worked as a volunteer in Prisons or Jails etc.,

If there is any affect on the application, how severe it is?
Thanks in advance!

If someone works as a religious volunteer in prisons, does it affect anything when that person who is on Green Card applies for citizenship?
There is a check box on N-400 if anyone have worked as a volunteer in Prisons or Jails etc.,

If there is any affect on the application, how severe it is?
Thanks in advance!
Was the prison where you were a religious volunteer located in the U.S.? Or abroad? If abroad, which country was it in?

Was the prison where you were a religious volunteer located in the U.S.? Or abroad? If abroad, which country was it in?

U.S. I am not yet Religious volunteer but planning to do it but would like to know Pros and Cons.

Thanks.

OK, I see. In that case I would imagine that the only possible negative effect for your N-400 application is that the background checks might take longer.

Certainly serving as a religious volunteer in a U.S. prison does not disqualify one from being eligible for naturalization.
Note that for all questions in part 11 of N-400, including question 16, part A (about service as a volunteer in prison or jail), if you answer "Yes", you'll need to attach an explanation. See the note on p. 13 of N-400 at the beginning of part 11.