N-400 Question

sandy boy

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
In the N-400 form there is a question asking about the membership of associations. Am I suppose to mention the memberships of AAA, National Geographic etc over there? If not then what are the memberships I am supposed to mention over there. Please advise.
Also, if a person has both black as well as white hair can he/she mention both the colors as 'color of hair' ?

Regards,
- Sandy Boy

Sandy Boy,
You can mention these memberships in N-400. They just want to verify if you are not member of any objectionable organizations.
I am not sure regarding color of hair. I guess mention whatever is in your driver's license?

Thanks

sandy boy said:
Also, if a person has both black as well as white hair can he/she mention both the colors as 'color of hair' ?
Pick one color to bleach your hair before interview. I think white is good to show more character.

Someone else asked the same (membership) question yesterday. My answer: I put down everything I've ever belonged to, student organizations (from decades ago), professional organizations, PTAs, boy scouts, whatever. I think it shows some attachment to the community.

But, what they are really looking for is membership in the communist party or the ku klux klan. By asking about "every" organization, if you omit one of the bad ones on the form, they can recind your naturalization (since you lied on the form). My advice, put everything.

For your hair color... Ask three friends "what would you say my hair color is". Use the most common answer.

My wife's hair color changes periodically. We wrote down what her hair color was the day she signed the form (which matched her pictures). It was redder by the time of her interview.