N 400 question Part 7

enjoylife

Registered Users (C)
After getting my green card I went by car to canada for 2 days(In the last 5 years). I crossed the border from detroit, mi to windsor canada. There is no stamp in my passport. I do not remember the dates. What should I write in Part 7 where they ask about all trips outside US in the last 5 years.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

enjoylife said:
After getting my green card I went by car to canada for 2 days(In the last 5 years). I crossed the border from detroit, mi to windsor canada. There is no stamp in my passport. I do not remember the dates. What should I write in Part 7 where they ask about all trips outside US in the last 5 years.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Just try to put a date close to that. Not important. but don't US POE stamp the passport of green card holders upon arrival.

I have also another question? when somebody has green card does he/she should need to have his/her passport for crossing the US/CANADA border or the green card and driver license would be enough.

There is no stamp on my passport. That is why I can not figure out when I went to canada. I am not sure of the year also whether it was 2001 or 2002.

lidia said:
Just try to put a date close to that. Not important. but don't US POE stamp the passport of green card holders upon arrival.

I have also another question? when somebody has green card does he/she should need to have his/her passport for crossing the US/CANADA border or the green card and driver license would be enough.

You just need your GC and a photo Id

enjoylife:

I had a similar situation. What I did was go through credit card statements
to find out if there were transactions recorded. Also check if you took leave of absence from work. For me these 2 factors did work. And when I submitted
my application few weeks back, I did report my visit regardless of the stamp.

The immigration does not usually stamp the passport, but if I were to revisit,
I will make sure I get my passport stamped.

I too agree with Lidia: Stay as close as possible to the date. After all it is "... to the best of my knowledge...."

Thanks
Ravi

Future-American said:
You just need your GC and a photo Id

Just for clarification, GC and driver license might be enough when you drive across the US/Canadian border. However, you would still need your passport if you travel on a plane.