N-400 Question: Fees $390

Goodyman

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

A quick question reg. fees of $390 ($320+$70). Is it per person or per family? I'm applying citizenship along with my wife on 5 year PR basis.

My question is - Should I send $390 for both or 2 separate checks of $390 each - one for my wife ($390) and one for me ($390).

Please advise. I'm little confused. Thanks.

GM

Goodyman said:
Hello:

A quick question reg. fees of $390 ($320+$70). Is it per person or per family? I'm applying citizenship along with my wife on 5 year PR basis.

My question is - Should I send $390 for both or 2 separate checks of $390 each - one for my wife ($390) and one for me ($390).

GM

$390 is per person who files N400.

i believe i read from guide line saying it is better to have 2 separate checks. in the case of if either of your form is rejected (just for example), they will mail one check back to you. if you have both fee on the same check, if one got rejected, they would have to send the check to you, on the other hand, it means both cases will be returned to you. (hope it makes sense and forgive my poor english)

Goodyman said:
Hello:

GM

My wife and I applied together (two apps in the same envelope), also based on 5 year PR, but we treated them as two different applications, with two separate checks for $390.00 each.