N-400 Question: Citation ?? Please Help

Goodyman

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I'm sending N-400 in a day or two on 5 year PR basis and have a question reg. citation -

5 years back, one of my apartment management sent me court notice w.r.t. unpaid $30 water bill and over $200 late fees for 6 months. This happened because I was travelling every other week to Europe during that 6 months and they could not contact me somwhow. So mean of them....really. anyways..

I went to court and to get rid of this...paid fully along with even late fees. Satisfaction of release form was submitted, motion was filed and fortunately there was no judgement for money. But this still shows up in my credit history.

My question is -

1. SHOULD I INCLUDE THIS AS CITATION OR NOT? OR, SHOULD I INCLUDE THIS AS AN ADDITIONAL ITEM....
2. I HAVE A STAMPED COPY OF COURT WITH "FULL SATISFACTION RELEASE OF JUDGEMENT", WHICH I'M PLANNING TO SEND ALONG WITH N-400 WITH LETTER EXPLAINING THE SAME. DO YOU THINK THIS IS OK OR I'M JUST INVITING TROUBLE MYSELF ?? PLEASE ADVISE.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

GM

Goodyman said:
Hello:

I'm sending N-400 in a day or two on 5 year PR basis and have a question reg. citation -

5 years back, one of my apartment management sent me court notice w.r.t. unpaid $30 water bill and over $200 late fees for 6 months. This happened because I was travelling every other week to Europe during that 6 months and they could not contact me somwhow. So mean of them....really. anyways..

I went to court and to get rid of this...paid fully along with even late fees. Satisfaction of release form was submitted, motion was filed and fortunately there was no judgement for money. But this still shows up in my credit history.

My question is -

1. SHOULD I INCLUDE THIS AS CITATION OR NOT? OR, SHOULD I INCLUDE THIS AS AN ADDITIONAL ITEM....
2. I HAVE A STAMPED COPY OF COURT WITH "FULL SATISFACTION RELEASE OF JUDGEMENT", WHICH I'M PLANNING TO SEND ALONG WITH N-400 WITH LETTER EXPLAINING THE SAME. DO YOU THINK THIS IS OK OR I'M JUST INVITING TROUBLE MYSELF ?? PLEASE ADVISE.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

GM

you were not cited by law enforcement. however, if you would like to include it, i guess it is alright.

just on a side note... i think your apt mgmt had the right to file a lawsuit. you said you were travelling every other week to europe. by all means, you could either pay them check in advance, or mail them check when you were in europe, or made arrangement with them. i do not think they were mean. they just did their job. i would say they would be mean if they filed a lawsuit against you if you were only 1 month late.

Dear OCWorker:

Well. I agree with you. To some extent my mistake. But there was little more to this that I didn't write earlier. 2 of the rent checks they did not deposited due to unpaid water bill.... then they deposited 4 later checks.

In the court the lawyer from their side told the judge I didn't paid even 2 months rent. THAT PISSED ME COMPLETELY OFF !! Fortunately I had receipts of all checks paid to them and I showed that to judge, which he agreed.

well.... that shit still showsup on my credit history.

Thanks for your help anyways OCWorker.... appreciated.

Other guys - if you have any other comments w.r.t. mentioning this on N-400 ....would also be appreciated.

btw, if you would send the court paper with the n400, would you have to answer the the question about citation / arrest.. etc etc to yes or not?

Goodyman said:
I believe - "Yes" to be checked. What do you think?

however, you were not arrested, or cited by law enforcement officers including INS thou.

i am thinking your case is just like credit card company goes after someone bad debet, and bring them to court for the $$.

i do not have the form with me so I can't tell (the answer) for sure thou.

however, i guess you just need to answer the questions truethfully, unless cops came to your apt and arrested you for not paying the rent... then you would need to answer yes... otherwise.. i think for the correct answer, it is "No".

No Cops kind of scenario !!

It's a good idea. I can check NO and attach an additional letter along with copy of court letter. Surely this should not come in "cited or arrested" criteria ...

Thanks OCWorker?

Other guys.....any other suggestion/ advise/ comments ??