N-400 question -Boston DO

400waiter

Hello, All,

I filed N-400 last December and passed my Naturalization interview last week.
The IO told me my interview was passed in my interview and my background check is still pending however. so she told me decision can't make at this time. She also wrote "background check pending" on a form and gave it to me.

I called the 800 phone number this morning, the customer service told me "
based on the info in her system, my file is still in VSC".

Anybody has same situation?

Thanks a lot,

As of May 2006, USCIS is scheduling interviews only after all the background checks are complete. However, there have been cases when things fall through the cracks. Unfortunately, looks like you are one of those.

The one positive thing in your case is that you completed the interview. As per the law USCIS has 120 days to adjudicate your case. If nothing happens after 120 days, you can sue the USCIS. There is a sticky thread on the US citizenship forum main page that has a boatload of information about suing USCIS.

Look at it this way. You have an option of suing unlike folks who are stuck in name check and still have not completed their interview yet.

Background Checks - Boston N400

My PD is 5/12/07, FP is 6/3/07, still waiting. Anyone in the same boat, it has been almost a year!!!

I am the same boat. My N-400 stucks in VSC since Nov. 13, 2006. I have not received any letter from the VSC. I am the one of the victims stucks in Name Check for such so long.
Nothing I can do except to be patient and wait and wait for the name check to be cleared. Not sure how long?

11/13/2006 - N-400 Priority Date
12/04/2007 - N-400 Finger Prints
05/30/2007 - IL received from VSC
07/12/2007 - N-400 Interview at Buffalo NY District
08/09/2007 - Oath ceremony
08/09/2007 - Applied Expedited Passport
08/14/2007 - Passport On-line Status as a pending
08/27/2007 - Patient to wait for the PP to arrive