n-400 processing time Los Angeles

powpaopow

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what the processing time is for n400 in the los angeles/san bernadino area? They received my application at the california service center in october 7, 2007 and i finished my fingerprinting on jan 22, 2008. Till now i have not received any updates. Starting to make me worry. :(

They are just now finishing the July backlog; next they will deal with August/September...so just sit tight and wait patiently. I did my finger prints last year in August and didn't get an IL until March for a May interview.

Does anyone know what the processing time is for n400 in the los angeles/san bernadino area? They received my application at the california service center in october 7, 2007 and i finished my fingerprinting on jan 22, 2008. Till now i have not received any updates. Starting to make me worry. :(

Are you at San Bernardino or LA DO?
you can check here by your ZIP code https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

I think it's about 9-10 month from PD to IL, and about 12-13 month total.
I am October filers too, I think we should expect news in the next 2-3 month.
I have added your timeline to our tracking thread :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=132560&page=47

please keep us updated about any progress! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at the San Bernadino district office. It just got me concerned recently because i have a friend that filed way after me and did finger printing about 2 months ago. She just got her interview letter for august in the mail last week. From her application time till receiving her interview notice was about 6 months.

is your friend also in SB office or LA office?

if LA: as you can see in the main LA thread - i suspect LA DO got same problem as NYC DO - processing cases in unfair non-chronological order. can you find out exact dates of your friend's timeline? it would help our time line

plus if she lets you have a copy of her letters - it is a nice evidence in case of lawsuit.

If SB: SB reported on June 15 that they are processing December 07 -if that really means they are sceduling oaths for Dec 07, then March 08 getting ILs could be chronological.

why won't you save S.Bernardino relevant info in the SB thread?
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=276770

Last edited by a moderator:
CSC-san bernardino

may 28,08 - PD,- check cashed, WSC*002 15 XXXX
june 05,08 - FP letter
june 20, 08 - FP done
aug 18, 08- IL
oct 29, 08- ID

CSC-san bernardino

may 28,08 - PD,- check cashed, WSC*002 15 XXXX
june 05,08 - FP letter
june 20, 08 - FP done
aug 18, 08- IL
oct 29, 08- ID

wow thats fast lucky you & congrats. to get the IL after 2 month of getting your FP is pretty nice.

xegyptianmummyx it seems like it will be the same for you, I'm afraid after the elections everything will sllow as it use to be.
now I have to wait for the oath ceremony, does anybody knows how often do we have the ceremony in san bernardino? I have to travel for a couple of months and I don't know if I will have to cancel my trip.

I am kind of in the same boat i wanted to travel for a couple of month max over seas & i was worried about missing my IL. I want to leave like by the 1st week of January and i don't know if that's wise if i hadn't got my IL by then. what to do you think?

maclara, i don't know how often do they schedule ceremonies in SB DO but i know they schedule a ceremony for every 100 people that pass the interview. so I would think you should get a letter few weeks a month max after your ID. but don't count on my guess.

Does anyone know if there is a thread about the San Bernardino time tracker or something like that? the one thats posted above does not work anymore!!

I have no clue about San Bernadino... but just like xegyptianmummyx I am waiting for the IL... Hopefully it will come soooon!

fra just curious are you from France?

and yea you applied like less than 1 week before me so i think hopefully me & you will be processed around the same time. Good luck to you man

I been looking on the san bernardino tracker, everything is so different that you can't tell how long is going to take.
my husband sent his n-400 almost 2 months before me, he received his IL by oct 22 but it was cancelled, I don't know why. but i'm afraid they can cancell mine too, hopefully they won't. at least he received the cancellation letter a week latter and I have not receive anything.