N-400 Processing in South Carolina

ARKumar11

Anyone in this forum who has applied for USC from South Carolina. I applied for USC on 12/30/2003. At present the N-400 procesing date for SC is 12/30/2003. My application (USCIS N-400) receipt date is 01/06/2004. The date has not moved at all in a while. Any pointers as to what to do next would be appreciated. Any USCIS phone number, where I can call and talk to an officer.

I monitor the status using this site.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

District Office: Greer, SC

Maybe you could try an info pass appointment. Any time I have called I just get a generic answer, I have written a few times but get no reply. SC is really slow in the processing, I would think you would hear something soon though......good luck

:eek:
Processing date for Charleston & Greer is now 12/1/2004. It jumped a whole year. Am I crazy or did it not say 12/2003 a few days ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoooorrrrraaaaaayyyyyy.......

Sure it did move from 2003 to 2004. Thanks to all for your responses. Yesterday evening I checked it was 2003 and this morning it's 2004. Wishing you all a speedy citizenship.

I hope it's not a mistake, I'm so tired of waiting. Watching how quick other states are processing applicants makes me wish I wasn't in SC.
Anybody know if Greer actually does interviews? Charleston is soooo far away.

I think if i am not mistaken & I think I read it in this forum ..USCIS is trying to accomplishing an average of 6 months processing times by Sep 2006 for N400 applications..

Good luck to all of us ,,,

Hello ARKumar11 or Zenna,

Did you guys get the interview letters ? The priority date is already DEC 2004 and you guys applied before that ? or the date has in reality not moved.
pLEASE share the experiences or if somebosy else reading the posts know more, please post.

Thanks

sbali

My application (USCIS N-400) receipt date is 01/06/2004 and I applied on 12/20/2003.
Finally, last week my application became current. However I got another mail last week to redo the finger printing. Not sure how long this whole process after finger printng is going to take.

Sbali,

I hope that I might hear something soon. I called the 800 number to see if I might be able to find something out and they told me that Atlanta requested my file on February 14th........I am not sure why Atlanta reqested it and not Charleston but at least something.........

Zena

ARKumar11

Did you hear anything about an interview yet? I tried calling the 800 number again but got no help this time.

Zena

Congratulations to both of you !. How was the experience ? and do you know why you guys were sent out of SC and not to Charleston or Greer ?

I'm not sure why I was sent to Charlotte instead of Charleston. But I'm just happy that it is all over now.
The officer who interviewed me was so nice! Interview was over within 15 minutes.
The oath ceremony was 1 week later. Everything took about 2 hours. We were taken into a room, and had to line up. We had to turn in our invitation letter & green card. This took a while because there were about 90 of us being sworn in. The actual ceremony took about 1 hour. The person swearing us in was great, very funny guy. It was like being at a comedy lounge, the only time he was actually serious was during the oath. He then explained to us in detail about our new rights, and the steps we needed to take if we were wanting to bring family here permanently.

I am not sure why I was sent to Atlanta, but I really didn't mind since I got the same day oath, the interview took about 10 minutes, he reviewed my paperwork, asked me 6 civic questions and asked me to write a simple sentence, he told me that he had approved me but it needed a final review, he told me to go back to the waiting room and they would call me, about an hour later a lady came out calling names and telling us to go to the oath room, that process took about 2 1/2 hours and then I was done. I applied for my US passport the next day and I have it back already. :)

Greer interview

I had my interview in Greer on the June 13th. The officer was very friendly and the office was almost empty with very few people waiting in the waiting room. The interview took about 15 and I was asked some 10 questions of the "website civics test" and then wrote a sentence and read another one. The whole experience was really good and I walked out of there with a notice saying that I had passed the test.
Now to the not so fun part.....It is today 3 1/2 week since my interview and still no oath letter. Spoke to a customer service rep last Tuesday (10 days ago) who said that I should "hear good news shortly" , well so far my mailbox is empty and I see everyone who are going throught he Charlotte office getting through in about a week :( Really frustrating considering that I wlive like 10 minutes from the North Carolina border. Not sure if I should worry yet or just assume that South Carolina (and Charleston) is slower than Charlotte????

N-400 Mailed Feb 2-05
Receipt Feb 28 -05
Fingerprinting #1 - March 19 -05
Fingerprining #2 - March 19 -06
Interview LEtter - April 1 -06
Interview (Greer, SC) - June 13, 06
Oath LEtter : ?????
Oath: ??????

question for arkumar11

Are you applying in South carolina, if so do you mind posting your timeline?
Thanks