N-400 Photos (White Margin ?)

AlexanderG

Registered Users (C)
I had my N-400 passport style photographs taken (Sears) , cut them out as shown and then I read in the Natz Guide that one 'should make sure to have enough white margin left to sign the full name if the application is approved'

Was I supposed to leave 1/2" or so (?) extra material at the bottom (?) of the photograph ? Or will I have to sign within the white background of the photograph ?

(I did of course write the name and A-number in pencil on the back)

Thank You!

Alex

I was asked to sign my name within the white "left" side of the photo.
I think you should be fine! Goodluck...

AlexanderG said:
I had my N-400 passport style photographs taken (Sears) , cut them out as shown and then I read in the Natz Guide that one 'should make sure to have enough white margin left to sign the full name if the application is approved'

Was I supposed to leave 1/2" or so (?) extra material at the bottom (?) of the photograph ? Or will I have to sign within the white background of the photograph ?

(I did of course write the name and A-number in pencil on the back)

Thank You!

Alex

Hi Alex,

I was asked to sign on the left side of the photograph (essentially on the white background).

Thank You!

I am glad to hear that ... well, I guess, then I think I am all set and ready to file my application. I hope this final step of my family's immigration journey will be as smooth as all our earlier experiences.

Thank You also for the latest information.

Alex

i was asked to sign my new name on the left side of the picture. i do not think my picture has white margin at all. however, she just asked me to sign my new name... not using curival way thou (different than what other ppl posted about the way they signed on the picture)