N-400 nightmare

Dtrain

Dears
I'm glad to find such a website with lots of info to share, anyway here is my nightmare of a the N-400 Me and my wife had GC since 2000 thru DV, and in 2009 we applied for the N-400 and everything went well till our interview date which was in Oct 6,2009 we arrived early at USCIS office Orlando,FL and my went in and she came out very happy holding her OL after 3 days, my interview went fine the officer told i passed everything but requested for transcript of tax returns for the last 4 years, went to IRS office got the transcripts post them the next day via Fed-Ex and they received the documents the following day at 9:30am, after 10 days took info pass as usual the guy at window asked me to show him the paper that was given to me by IO and he entered my A# number in his PC and suddenly he told me that your file has been transferred to LA, he asked do you have anybody in LA I said if yes does that mean my file should be taken to LA just because i know somebody there? and he said just let me see your GC so i gave it to him and entered the number suddenly he told me that ooohhh the file is here when he checked the letter that was provided to me by IO he found out that the A# printed one middle number was typed as 5 instead of 1. He told to me to wait and went inside to make sure that the file is there after 10 minutes came back and told me that the file is there and under process i just need to wait for like a month to hear from them. I waited for 2 months then called the 800 I requested to be transfered to a supervisor I talked to her and she told me that there is no update regarding my case, but she will right them a letter informing my IO in FL that i called and wanted to have an update regarding my case, after 5 days i received a letter from USCIS office thanking me for following up, but my case is still under process and if you did not hear from us after six months from the date of this letter which is (Dec 15,2009) pleae give us a call. Dears believe me as of this email not letter from USCIS I'm waiting for the 6 months that they said in their last letter then i might give them a call, anyway my wife is already a USC and have 3 USC kids, I was thinking not even to renew my GC which is expiring in a couple of months, and also go ahead with my other plans since I missed a lot of chances of working outside the US with a very good income and a lot of benefits whereby i wont get that in the US. Can you please provide me with any advice if any, I mean my decission of not going ahead with the follow up is based on the time i lost and the money i spend thru out the whole process and most important is my health, since the interview in Oct 2009 till now I've lost more than 20 pounds and I'm not ready to shade anymore pounds because of USCIS beurocracy.

Dears
I'm glad to find such a website with lots of info to share, anyway here is my nightmare of a the N-400 Me and my wife had GC since 2000 thru DV, and in 2009 we applied for the N-400 and everything went well till our interview date which was in Oct 6,2009 we arrived early at USCIS office Orlando,FL and my went in and she came out very happy holding her OL after 3 days, my interview went fine the officer told i passed everything but requested for transcript of tax returns for the last 4 years, went to IRS office got the transcripts post them the next day via Fed-Ex and they received the documents the following day at 9:30am, after 10 days took info pass as usual the guy at window asked me to show him the paper that was given to me by IO and he entered my A# number in his PC and suddenly he told me that your file has been transferred to LA, he asked do you have anybody in LA I said if yes does that mean my file should be taken to LA just because i know somebody there? and he said just let me see your GC so i gave it to him and entered the number suddenly he told me that ooohhh the file is here when he checked the letter that was provided to me by IO he found out that the A# printed one middle number was typed as 5 instead of 1. He told to me to wait and went inside to make sure that the file is there after 10 minutes came back and told me that the file is there and under process i just need to wait for like a month to hear from them. I waited for 2 months then called the 800 I requested to be transfered to a supervisor I talked to her and she told me that there is no update regarding my case, but she will right them a letter informing my IO in FL that i called and wanted to have an update regarding my case, after 5 days i received a letter from USCIS office thanking me for following up, but my case is still under process and if you did not hear from us after six months from the date of this letter which is (Dec 15,2009) pleae give us a call. Dears believe me as of this email not letter from USCIS I'm waiting for the 6 months that they said in their last letter then i might give them a call, anyway my wife is already a USC and have 3 USC kids, I was thinking not even to renew my GC which is expiring in a couple of months, and also go ahead with my other plans since I missed a lot of chances of working outside the US with a very good income and a lot of benefits whereby i wont get that in the US. Can you please provide me with any advice if any, I mean my decission of not going ahead with the follow up is based on the time i lost and the money i spend thru out the whole process and most important is my health, since the interview in Oct 2009 till now I've lost more than 20 pounds and I'm not ready to shade anymore pounds because of USCIS beurocracy.

Dtrain,

I don´t know exactly your case. But why were you ask to show tax transcripts??. your case is LPR under 5 years.

Dtrain:

Your case looks like some sort of a royal screw-up by USCIS. Since it has been more that 120 days since your interview, you may file an 1447(b) lawsuit (see the thread
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...nst-USCIS-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-(Merged) for more details).
However, before you do that, I'd suggest that you write to the CIS Ombudsman and also contact your congressional representatives (the two U.S. senators for the state where you reside and also the member of the U.S. House of Representative for your area). I particularly recommend the latter, since USCIS responds reasonably fast to congressional inquiries and also provides more accurate info than you get from INFOPASS or telephone calls.

I had a nightmare trying to read the first post of this thread. Dude, ever heard of using the ENTER key and making paragraphs?

Hi baikal3
I really appreciate your input and I'll start to gather all the neccessary documents prior to the lawsuit. I guess thats the only way USCIS needs to be confronted, it seems that USCIS dont like people being nice and polite, they need aggressive people in order for them to do their job right. Poor immigrants work very hard pay taxes and unfortunatley end up paying a lot of money (fees) to USCIS without getting the service they deserve.

Once again baikal3, many thanks for your input and the thread.

Hi fliflop
The problem with USCIS officers is, you never know what they will ask and they never tell you why they need those documents, he/she just want to show his/her supervisor that they did not just approve the case easily, they complicate things to poor immigrants.

I was planning to take an info pass after their six months duration they gave it to me, but i guess I'll have to go with the lawsuit and thanks to baikal3 for the thread. Once again many thanks to all.