N-400 New Jersey (VSC) Is it complicated or not?

leyefe12

Registered Users (C)
I was on F-1 visa. Than got married. after 2 years my ex-hus. filed for divorce. In the meantime during our marriage 9 we had a wonderful wedding bac k in our country and we met and fell in love in US. He was on H-1 , I was on F-1 by than) he added me to his I-485 . So AOS was in process . I was called for an interview. I was honest, I said there was a divorce case and it has not finished but it could finish the next day, or months later. I said I was in US for many years either with F-1 ( had two degrees from here) or with tourist visa . On that day, the officer told me he would mail the decision.
I was given the permanent residence card in may 2002. November 2002 our divorce was final. And than 2 years later I got married again. But this time my husband was beating me up so I filed for a divorce after 2 years of marriage.
We are still not divorced ( he is on H-1) by the way, and I filed for my citizenship.
I have 2 questions: 1- Now that I am divorced after I was given my PR, is it a problem? Although I was always honest. I even changed my last name on my green card.
2- My husband right now whom I am trying to have a divorce has the original of the marriage cert. and i can not get another copy without his signature it is not like US. Will it be a problem?

So for all these reasons I applied with a lawyer. I am a professional I lived in US and worked for all 5 years. No bad records and else.

What do you think? Any comment is appreciated. Thnx.

Reading your case , you should be fine. Firstly the initial GC was legit, and therefore as long as you have kept active, you're eligible to apply for citizenship in 5 years minus 90 days.
The second marriage has no bearing on your N-400 because you were not deriving any immigration benefits from that and youa re free to marry as many times as you want.
Good thing to hire a lawyer even though I don't think it was really necessary, nevertheless a wise decision.

Send your N-400 in and get away as far as possible from the SOB who is beating you. I can't stand men who beat up women....just me..I think they are wimpy losers