N-400 IV canceled!

Immigrant2019

Hi all! Im new here! . I appreciate your help. I obtained my GC based on asylum. I submited my N400 in March 2018 and had my biometrics done soon after that. In September 2018, I received a letter from USCIS that my IV is scheduled in November 2018. Upon arrival to the field office, I was told that my IV was canceled because my file is not there. I was surprised that I was not informed about the cancellation. I received another notice that my IV was rescheduled 6 weeks later. However, it got canceled again the day before the IV because of the same reason: they didn’t have my file. After taking to level 2 immigration office over the phone, I was told that my file is at (asylum center) in an X state (not my state) where my asylum lawyer is based. No updates since then. I checked with the lawyer and he told me that nothing is wrong and this can happen. What does this mean? Any similar experiences? I appreciate your feedback and help!

Yep...it s not personal. be patient. it 's just an administrative error.....(staff shortage etc....)