N-400 intv. tomorrow needs urgent help

choyty

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I have my N-400 intv. tomorrow at GC, NY. As I was going through the copy of my application, I noticed that I had answered wrongly to Q33
"Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as lawful nonimmigrant? "The question also ask if you answered YES, but did NOT register with Selective Service and you are now 26 years old or older, attatch a statement explaining why you didn't register.
I answered "no" instead of "yes".

Now my question is, should I volunteer to correct this information or should I wait until interviewer catches this or ask about it. What if the intervier never brings this issue? I will take a letter ( not more than ten senteced letter ) with me, but the gist of the letter is " I was not aware of the fact that I had to register ". Please advise how should I handle this situation? I appreciate your last minute help.

Thanks
Choty

You should volunteer to correct the information and provide the letter that you are planning to take with you.
This is my suggetion.

Choty,
First , if you are registered with the selective service, go ahead and bring to the interview all proof of registration such as selective service registration card or the letter from the selective service stating that you are registered.
Second, you difinitely have to mention that mistake in the interview even if the interviewer didn't mention it or catch it. it is your job to be truthful and check the correctness and accurateness of your application to avoid any delay on the processing of the application.
Good luck to you tomorrow and please keep us posted with the details tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. Johny, should I also mention my unintentional mistake in the letter? ( saying "No" to the question instead of "Yes", which was a mistake ) or should I only address the issue for not registering with Selective Service System in the letter?. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks
Choyty