N-400 Interview tomorrow, Lost Drivers License.

datkraziekevin

Hey guys. I have my interview tomorrow, and I am flying up to Portland from California to take it. I have my passport and green card, but I recently just lost my drivers license. It was already expired. I am wondering if they will send me home because I do not have it! If anyone has any experience, please help me out. Thanks

Did you move from one state to another after filing the N-400, or within the 90 days before filing? Are you applying based on the 3-year marriage rule? Do you have circumstances that may cast doubt on which state you really live in, like having a home in both Portland and California?

If the answer to all of the above is NO, they almost surely won't ask for your driver's license.

I live in Oregon because of I am a college student. I am currently in California, where my parents house is for summer break. My drivers license was CA. When I applied, I put my Oregon address, so my interview was set up in Portland.

I live in Oregon because of I am a college student. I am currently in California, where my parents house is for summer break. My drivers license was CA. When I applied, I put my Oregon address, so my interview was set up in Portland.

You have to have some doc for address proof - may be lease, or student record or credit card/bank statement or utility bill . Without any address proof there may be problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you're studying in Oregon, bring your student ID. Full time college students are allowed to interview in the state where they study even if their long-term residence is in another state.