N-400 Interview notice in WPB FL

WaitAlong

Registered Users (C)
Firstly, wish you a very happy and prosperous 2007.

I recently received a notice to appear for an initial interview with regards to my N400 application.

The interview is scheduled for Feb 21st at West Palm Beach, FL.

I have a few questions with regards to this and I was hoping some of you can take the time to answer them for me.

1. The interview notice says that please appear for an 'initial interview'. Is this normal or is this some intermediate step towards another final interview.

2. Also, the status on the CIS website for my case has not changed or disappeared. It still says the notice was received and it will take xxx days for a final result. It never was updated even after the FP process. Has anyone had a similar experience?

3. If I am being called for an interview, does this mean that the name-check would have been completed at this time? I thought that the consensus of this group was that CIS is NOT scheduling interviews unless the name-check is completed.

4. Does anyone else have an experience with WPB with the N-400 process? I would be very anxious to hear from you.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Best regards,
Rao

--------------------------------------------
Time line:

N400 application sent on June 27th 2006
FP on July 19th (went on an earlier date than suggested on FP notice)
IV letter on Dec 23rd 2006
IV scheduled on Feb 21st 2007

Based on your timeline, it looks like you've probably cleared namecheck.

Typically there is only one interview, so maybe what you're seeing is just USCIS standard verbage trying to cover all eventualities.

N400 Interview

First of all I had myinterview in WPB Fl. Iwent with my lawyer and I was very nervous (No Reason To Be ) Most Lawyers Know the IO in the offices

'initial interview' (This is standard on all notices )

Also, the status on the CIS website for my case has not changed or disappeared. It still says the notice was received and it will take xxx days for a final result. It never was updated even after the FP process. Has anyone had a similar experience? (This is Typical )

This took me 4 mths of sweating for this interview and it took all 10 minutes and they were very nice and I suggest you not worry your self, Like I did and we all did . Good Luck I guarantee you will be Smiling when all is done.

Thanks 350Z for your response. How recently did you have your interview at WPB and have you had your oath ceremony already?

Was this interview based on the new interview format or based on the old 100 questions

First of all I had myinterview in WPB Fl. Iwent with my lawyer and I was very nervous (No Reason To Be ) Most Lawyers Know the IO in the offices

I am in Florida and have many, many questions that I need to speak with a lawyer about but am trying to find a decent lawyer - any recommendations?

Wpb,fl

I am glad that I have found someone in WPB, FL. I have applied around middle of the Nov, 2007. Have done Finger Print in Dec 5th. Do I need to be worry about the name check and finger print? Or what should I do in this point?

sarojaryal said:
I am glad that I have found someone in WPB, FL. I have applied around middle of the Nov, 2007. Have done Finger Print in Dec 5th. Do I need to be worry about the name check and finger print? Or what should I do in this point?

I don't think you should worry so soon. In my case, it took 6 months after applying the N-400 to receive the interview letter.

There are not so many WPB cases at this site, to form a pattern but this wait looks normal for WPB. Also this seems to be in line with the USCIS published processing time for the WPB center as shown at their website.

Can anyone tell me what the normal wait time is between the Interview and the Oath date for the West Palm Beach Office?

I have my interview on Feb 21st at WPB but I need to travel out of the country the week after the interview, for 2 weeks.

I just wanted to get a feel on what the trend is on time between Oath and the Interview dates.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

still waiting in West Palm Beach

Been reading this forum for some time and finally joined as i have been impressed by the knowledge of folks in here.

My status is as follows:
PD Aug. 29, 2006
FP: Sept. 19, 2006 (had to reschedule.. received 5 notices to get my fingerprints and each time was told I didnt need to come back.. but thats another story. Last "re-schedule was jan 22, 2007 told all was clear as of Nov 19 2007).
IV: waiting..

Question is.. barring the mess up with the rescheduling even though the finger prints were cleared.. not sure if I should be more patient or if WPB is slow and they take there time..from what I see here folks, on average, get an IV letter within 6 months, which is where I am at right now.

Any suggestions from anyone?
Thanks

wpb, FL
Mailed N-400 to TSC
PD 9/14/2006
FP 9/30/2006
IL ?

I called up the 1-800 number..
an old lady picked up the phone
I gave her hell :mad: ..she
sceduled an interview the next
day and I got my passport the same day :D ..
I woke up from the dream :confused:
before i had a chance to plan any travelling :( ..

So i called the number the next morning
an old lady picked up the phone
" four months is not enough for us to process"
she said..
obviusly she wasn't the same lady in my dream :cool:

wpb, FL
Mailed N-400 to TSC
PD 9/14/2006
FP 9/30/2006
IL 2/16/2007
IV 4/19/2007

After 5 months of waiting I went on InfoPass and had an apointment today (2/16/2007)..The nice lady told me my name check and finger print are both cleared :D . Also she said Taxes Service Center had just mailed my interview letter today. She gave me a duplicate..
This is not a dream..Rebacca, kiss kiss i love you.. :p

wait4u Congratulations.:) . do you have the number available? i would like to call them since my case seems to have stagnated. :mad:

Thanks!:

thank you.
this 1-800-375-5283 number is not answered by immigration officer and they have limited knowledge about your case. U can try but my suggestion is to make an appointment on InfoPass to see an immigration officer at 920 Banyan, down town WPB( park one street south, bring quaters to feed the meters).The immigration officer will have access to more info. U can make appointment online at www.uscis.gov , click on " infopass"

wife just received her notification for an interview. April 12. we both filed the same day and our numbers are 2 apart. oh well

N-400 Interview experience - West Palm Beach

I had my interview on Feb 22nd at the West Palm Beach office. The interview was scheduled for 10:30 but since the previous person did not turn up, the interviewer called me in early at about 10:15 (tip: arrive at least half hour early)

She went over the application and verified with me all the information from the N-400 application. I am changing my name also so she had me go over two more forms that she had prepared which showed my old name and my new name.

She went over each of my international trips and I gave her a printout that listed my international trips since I applied for the N 400.

She matched the dates of stamps in the passport against each trip.

She then asked me about my traffic tickets. I don't have any DUI's or anything that involved a fine of more than $85, but I was involved in a crash. She asked me if had any documentation for the tickets. I should her a report I had with me that I bought from the FL DMV site (they use private companies to provide this report from the web). But since the report was not directly from the DMV and did not have a seal, she asked me to get a report from the court house.

She then asked me 6 questions - I got them all correct. I noticed that the questions were from the old interview list of 96 questions.

She then asked me to write: 'They came happily to the United States' or something like that

She then went over the rest of the form, made me sign a bunch of stuff and the photos (signing means writing your full name not the cursory sign we normally do over checks or other paperwork).

After all this, she said everything was in order but since her computer was down she cannot enter the data. But she still wanted the DMV report. She gave me a letter requesting the same and gave time till 03/21 but suggested I could get it to her that day itself or soon.

I went over to the court house. long wait.. computers down.. another long wait. but finally got the report and took it back to her at the USCIS by 3 PM.

She went over the report with her supervisor and got back to me with the good news that she was approving me and since her computers were up again now, was going to enter the result into the system. She said I should receive the oath letter in a couple of weeks and the ceremony may be in Miami or WPB.

I did not receive any N652 form from her.

I did ask her if all the paperwork was done and if everything was in order. And she said yes everything was fine and she was approving me.

I will not have email access or web access for a week starting today so if anyone has any questions I can only answer them next week.

Thank you.

regards,
mr