N-400 interview experience in San Francisco 2012

interview experience in san francisco 10/4/2012

Can anyone share your interview experience in San Francisco here? Thanks.

Had an awful immigration officer. She looked pissed from the start. Asked for all my documents, and expired passport. Looked at my expired passport and said your first name does not match your green card because of an extra letter E. I told her well I am happy with my name on my green card and I would like to keep that name since it matches all my other documents. And that was the name that I used on my immigration case as "other names used". She looked worried and annoyed, and asked me about my travels, my social security number and went to ask me about selective service. I told her I have status information letter and then went on with the civics questions. I passed the civics questions , but then said " I could have been done a while ago" in a very annoyed manner , because she is late for other appointments. She said a decision cannot be made yet and told me to wait for a decision e mail. She was really rude and I am worried now that she will make my life hell because of this. Wish me luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to read about your interview but I think your choice of phrase was extreme> How can she make your life hell because of this?

Had an awful immigration officer. She looked pissed from the start. Asked for all my documents, and expired passport. Looked at my expired passport and said your first name does not match your green card because of an extra letter E. I told her well I am happy with my name on my green card and I would like to keep that name since it matches all my other documents. And that was the name that I used on my immigration case as "other names used". She looked worried and annoyed, and asked me about my travels, my social security number and went to ask me about selective service. I told her I have status information letter and then went on with the civics questions. I passed the civics questions , but then said " I could have been done a while ago" in a very annoyed manner , because she is late for other appointments. She said a decision cannot be made yet and told me to wait for a decision e mail. She was really rude and I am worried now that she will make my life hell because of this. Wish me luck .

I am sorry to read about your interview but I think your choice of phrase was extreme> How can she make your life hell because of this?

I really don't know how she can make my life hell , maybe by denying my case, but I have a feeling that she was really picking on me rather than interviewing me..I felt like she looked at me and talked to me like I was a criminal and not an applicant. I was just really shocked by her attitude and I left feeling more disappointed than excited after this interview. I hope I get my oath letter soon , and I will keep everyone posted. I passed the civics test and everything else went smooth, but I just have a feeling that she really had a rough day by the time I walked in which was only 8:45 am, and then took it all out on me.

I really don't know how she can make my life hell , maybe by denying my case, but I have a feeling that she was really picking on me rather than interviewing me..I felt like she looked at me and talked to me like I was a criminal and not an applicant. I was just really shocked by her attitude and I left feeling more disappointed than excited after this interview. I hope I get my oath letter soon , and I will keep everyone posted. I passed the civics test and everything else went smooth, but I just have a feeling that she really had a rough day by the time I walked in which was only 8:45 am, and then took it all out on me.

Well 8.45 am is not the time of day to have rough day, since the day had just begun. :) Maybe she had a rough last night :rolleyes:

But don't worry wait for their decision.

Well 8.45 am is not the time of day to have rough day, since the day had just begun. :) Maybe she had a rough last night :rolleyes:

But don't worry wait for their decision.

Thanks Mogambo1 for the encouraging words, I was just really worried after I left the interview. Will keep everyone posted.

Hi bakersf,

I think you will be fine and receive the Oath letter. Yes please let us know when your online status changes to is for Oath letter. Okay. Don't worry.

I am just still worried, I did not realize that an extra letter on my expired passport that I mentioned on my green card and asylum application but honestly did not mention on my naturalization because it completely slipped my mind. I use my current legal name with one E on everything from my green card to my drivers license to my social security card, degree, credit cards etc....and I hope I do not get denied because of this...