N-400 Interview Coming - Visiting Country neighbor to COP

Leono77

Registered Users (C)
I have been scheduled for interview for naturalization and I have the below concern:

During the last five years I have visited a country neighbor to COP due to my job several times for 10 up to 34 days. I have visited other countries close to COP as well. Taking precautionary measures, I kept some paperwork such contracts, letter of my former employer and other documents that state that I was sent by my former employer to those countries, especially to the country neighbor to COP for technical reasons (I am engineer). My common sense tell me that I have to bring all those papers to the interview, but it also tell me that I might propose to show those paper to the IO if and only if the IO start questioning too much about it.

Obviously some relatives traveled to the country neighbor to see me, so I tried to extend my visit.

Any advice will be highly appreciate.

You'll be just fine. Even going back to COP is fine unless interviewing IO isn't in a real bad mood. This issue had been discussed in several occasions & some members are real paranoid about going back COP along with renewing NP. But chances are one should be just fine. Now about immigration related things no one can confirm you anything but share experiences & certainly that varies from person to person.
My suggestions to you is please don't be paranoid but be honest with the IO & you'll be just fine.
Best wishes.
Atique.

I don't see any issues if you explain this to the IO, ONLY if you are asked. DO NOT volunteer any such information, unless you can see fairly clearly that the IO is suspicious of your travel.

atique, its nice hearing from you, its been along time, best wishes to you and to your family

Thanks John. I know it's been a while. Now I get in this portal in daily basis but don't write much. You can say I've become bit lazy. Sure appreciate you dropped a line for me. You take care my friend.
Atique.