N-400 interview and moved to another

Duraiswamy

I moved to Indiana state in Jan -2003 for a job change from Georgia.

Applied for a citzienship in March-2003 (3 months min. stay required in a new place) with my wife. My wife was still in Georgia at that time till June -2003.

Though both of us got a letter at the same time for finger printing in April I week 2003, I did Finger printing at the local INS office in April-2003 last week and she did that in July -2003 I week. She stayed at Indiana until Aug 2003 and moved to CA as she got a medical resident position (which is difficult to get for foriegn medical graduates-so she left Indiana). She still has GA state drivers licence which she has hasn't changed to Indiana state. I resigned my job in Indiana on Oct I week and moved to CA.

We are going for an interview soon to Indiana.

Is that a probelm to tell them that I moved to CA and my wife has GA state licence. Do I need to call 1-800 and inform the address change?

Please throw some light.

By law, you are required to inform BCIS of address change within 10 days. I recommend you file your AR 11 immediately(address change) and sent it by certified mail with return receipt.

If the officer asks you, show the return receipt and tell them you did not know about informing the address change to BCIS, but did so as soon as you came to know about it.

Also, take the proof that you were employed until 1st week of Oct to establish proof that you lived in IN until recently. To be honest I don't know what the officer might say - If (s)he is a forgiving soul might accept and interview. But if (s)he is a pain in the neck might have you take interview in CA, which might delay the process.

Good luck!