N-400 - How long for interview in Chicago from case status upate

mxc

Registered Users (C)
1) I just got a case status update that our applications have been sent for a standard interview. We got the YL on Jan 9th, 2010. How long does it take to get an interviee scheduled in Chicago?

2) Also both my wife and I indicated that we got traffic tickets (simple tickets for a fender bender and no car seat for a 5 year old that got dismissed with warning and no charges or fines ). The YL says "since you indicated you were arrested, bring court disposition documents....". We have already got the case transcripts anticipating this at the time of filing application. Anything else needed or to be aware of?

TIA

There is an average gap of 5 to 6 weeks from the time you receive status update and the acutal interview date. This is for Chicago DO.

Coming to traffic tickets, as long as there is no arrest or DUI or fine more than $500/- involved, there is nothing to worry. Make sure you paid the fines and have court dispositions with you proving that. I had my interview 3 days back and I mentioned the new ticket I got apart form the old tickets that I already mentioned on the application. The IO just asked if I was arrested during those tickets and I said no. I offered to show court documents and when I tried to open the folder to pull them out, she just asked me not to bother about it anymore. We moved to the next item. It doesn't mean every IO will ignore it. Some might take a look at the court documents but in general, it is not an issue if it involves only fine.

Yes, spiderman03 suggested timing sounds right assuming there is no complex issues in your Pre or Post GC immigration history.

Traffic tickets are OK if paid/settled by the time of interview: just have court record /proof of payment. Not a big deal as spiderman03 noted, unless the indvidual ticket are more than $500 and/or DUI and/or arrests...

Thanks Spiderman03 and DreamUSA. My wife did not have any fines for her ticket, the judge just warned her and let her go. For my first ticket I just pleaded guilty with a fine of $75 and took the online traffic course and fot the second ticket there were no fines, cop did not show up and the case was dismissed. I have court disposition transcripts for all three incidents. So I believe we should be Ok.

Thanks Spiderman03 and DreamUSA. My wife did not have any fines for her ticket, the judge just warned her and let her go. For my first ticket I just pleaded guilty with a fine of $75 and took the online traffic course and fot the second ticket there were no fines, cop did not show up and the case was dismissed. I have court disposition transcripts for all three incidents. So I believe we should be Ok.

In that case, you should be fine.