N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Was eagerly waiting for my oath letter and was pleasantly suprised to see it in the mailbox - scheduled for May 21st in San Antonio.

All of you waiting for the OL will get it soon too, good luck!

All I too received my Oath letter today - scheduled for Friday May 22nd in Nashville, TN

Congrats Nino! One step closer - now, we just wait to get our hands on the naturalization certificate and then apply for the passport. And then...(again!) we keep checking our mailbox for that final, precious delivery! :)

Congrats Nino! One step closer - now, we just wait to get our hands on the naturalization certificate and then apply for the passport. And then...(again!) we keep checking our mailbox for that final, precious delivery! :)

Yep - For how much I watch my mail box I always wonder if I should change career :) - I am planning to apply for my passport as soon as I get my certificate in my hand, turn around is about 2 weeks for the passport so maybe I will spend my summer vacation overseas :D

Also an advice for everyone - go ahead and spend the extra $20 and get the card passport (I plan to carry it with me all the time) basically it will replace my greencard spot in my wallet that way I have a prove that I am a US citizen all the time, if you know what I mean.

Yep - For how much I watch my mail box I always wonder if I should change career :) - I am planning to apply for my passport as soon as I get my certificate in my hand, turn around is about 2 weeks for the passport so maybe I will spend my summer vacation overseas :D

Also an advice for everyone - go ahead and spend the extra $20 and get the card passport (I plan to carry it with me all the time) basically it will replace my greencard spot in my wallet that way I have a prove that I am a US citizen all the time, if you know what I mean.

A BIG BIG congrats to both of you :D

One question though, what is the remittance address in the Oath letters? Do they come from your local DO's or from Lee Summit or somewhere else?

In the grand shceme of things it really doesn't matter but I am curious as to where thry come from :confused:

Once again CONGRATS guys :)

Thx hoping_in_2009! You are next in line for the OL - you should get it this week. I checked the envelope and it's got the local San Antonio DO address right on top - so, looks like it's the DO that sends it out.

Thx hoping_in_2009! You are next in line for the OL - you should get it this week. I checked the envelope and it's got the local San Antonio DO address right on top - so, looks like it's the DO that sends it out.

He is correct - The oath letter comes from your local DO - basically once the National Center transfers your file to your local DO for an interview they are done with your file.

A BIG BIG congrats to both of you :D

One question though, what is the remittance address in the Oath letters? Do they come from your local DO's or from Lee Summit or somewhere else?

In the grand shceme of things it really doesn't matter but I am curious as to where thry come from :confused:

Once again CONGRATS guys :)

if you received an N-652 with Congrats, recomended for aproval box checked I bet you will receive your Oath letter soon. And they come from your DO for sure :)

Timeline for Norfolk, Va
03/16/09 N400 sent to Lewisville, TX
03/17/09 received
03/17/09 priority date
04/08/09 FP notice
04/18/09 FP appointment (FP done)
04/30/09 FP appointment for 4/18/09 that my husband had done already.????????????????
XXXXXXXXX
Still nothing no info, no interview date is that normal? I'm going crazy..... I see people get interview notice in 2-3 weeks.Thank You

I'm going crazy..... I see people get interview notice in 2-3 weeks.Thank You

You've got a long way to go before you can say, "I'm going crazy" - there are people on this forum who have had nightmare scenarios of as many as 28 months from filing to citizenship... relax a bit... :)

I have seen second fingerprint notices come if the original fingerprints could not be read by the FBI or if the transfer of fingerprints from USCIS to FBI did not take place properly. It shouldn't be anything to be unduly worried about, except if you skipped the second appointment...

You should get your interview letter within 3 to 6 weeks after fingerprinting, if it is a routine processing. We got our interview letters three weeks after fingerprinting.

Thank You for answering. But we got it on 4/30 and it says show up on 4/18. Is that normal or it just a duplicate? it seems like the same paper the only difference was the date it was printed, first one was on 4/03/09 and the second on 4/06/09 and we did show up on 4/18/09. so should we call and ask or just disregard

Thank You for answering. But we got it on 4/30 and it says show up on 4/18. Is that normal or it just a duplicate? it seems like the same paper the only difference was the date it was printed, first one was on 4/03/09 and the second on 4/06/09 and we did show up on 4/18/09. so should we call and ask or just disregard

Oh, in that case, it would seem safe to disregard it. Looks like one got stuck in some bad mail processing.

Hope you get your IL soon.

Hi Nino77 how was your ceremony??

Congrats :)

It was great - I don't feel any difference after the ceremony. I was glad it only lasted 2 hours. I mean Yeah great I am a US Citizen now but I have lived in this country so long and I think I am already so "Americanized" that I don't feel a certificate made the big a difference. Might sound negative but its the truth, but I am so glad to be done with the uscis.

At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

six months is great!

I had my interview at St. Paul, MN on May14th and the interview was a breeze. The matured gentleman who interviewed me was very professional. Walked through the N-400 application , giving reading test, written test and six easy questions and said I am recommended for citizenship and issuea paper to that effect. He asked I had any traffic citations and I said yes eventhough I did not mention about it in the application form. He wanted proof of paying all fines and luckily I was prepared for that and gathered it beforehand. He took the letters from county court and filed it and made a note of it in the N-400 form.Thanks to this forum, I got this tip here only. It helped me. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, it helped a lot right from the application stage to the interview stage.

N-400 Applied to Arizona Lockbox 01/15/2009
Received and priority date 01/26/2009
Fingerprinted 03/07/2009
Interview letter 04/12/2009
Interviewd on 05/14/2009 Passed
Oath scheduled at Bethel college 07/15/2009

I found Nino77 entries very helpful.
In my experience you just always feel so nervous until you are actually through the process. I guess the message is simple: BE PATIENT, BUT CALL WHEN YOU HAVE TO.

want to share my timeline:
Distric office; HOUSTON, TX

2.July.2009- Mailed N-400(UPS 3 days)
6.July.2009- N-400 delivered to Lewisville (TSC)
7.July.2009- Check cashed(there's the advantage in paying by check: u will know when they cash it)
10.July.2009- Received Notice of Action (NOA) dated 7.Jul.09
11.Aug.2009- called the 1-800 # to inquire on the delay
12.Aug.2009- Received e-mail response that I have been scheduled for initital interview[have no idea what this is]

----Still waiting.Some people have gotten their finger print notice much faster. Any advice, anyone specifically in the Houston Area? should I freak out?

Thanks yall.

Last edited by a moderator: