N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

nino77

Registered Users (C)
Those who applied after December 2nd 2008 - It looks like our N-400s were forwarded to the Lockbox addresses :mad: (I hope !!). I only got to know this because my USPS online status is currently showing:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 3:50 PM on December 19, 2008 in MESQUITE, TX 75185. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I read few posts with the same issues - I thought its better to start a threat so we could keep track of the new USCIS process.

Here are my info and please share yours
N-400 mailed 12/17/08
Cashier check - Not cashed
USPS online status - No update
NOA - ???

Could it be because of this??

USCIS Update: USCIS Revises Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400)

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it is revising the Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400). The notice of this addition is effective on Jan. 22, 2009, and is published in today’s Federal Register. The notice advises the public to file non-military N-400s with the appropriate Lockbox facilities and provides a 30-day transition period after the effective date for USCIS service centers to forward N-400 applications received at their facilities to the appropriate Lockbox location.

Applicants should continue to file military N-400 cases with the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). In order to assist military spouses, NSC will also accept and process N-400s filed by spouses of military members.

Effective Jan. 22, 2009, applicants must submit Form N-400 and related supplements to one of two new USCIS Lockbox facilities for initial processing, using the following addresses:

If You Reside In: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Territory of Guam, or Northern Mariana Islands, file your N-400 with:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

Courier and Express Mail Deliveries
USCIS, Attn: N-400
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S. Floor 1
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If You Reside In: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, or U.S. Virgin Islands, file your N-400 with:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

Courier and Express Mail Deliveries
USCIS, Attn: N-400
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Bldg. 4
Lewisville, TX 75067

The N-400 form instructions will be updated to reflect the new filing procedures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Files
USCIS Revises Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) (30KB PDF)

Last updated: 12/23/2008

Federal Register Notice on Revision to Direct Mail Program for Submitting Form N-400
Notice

Form N-400

Nebraska Service Center

I found this yesturday and since I am going to mail my application soon now I am confused if I should wait until Jan 22 and just mail to the new lockbox location :confused:

You can send your application to the current address until Jan 22 when the new changes take effect since applications are being forwarded to the lockbox locations

Phoenix, Arizona
Below are my details: (N400 sent using Certified mail with Return)
12/29/08 : USPS (A notice was left at PO Box 21251, Phoenix, Arizona).
12/29/08 : USPS ( mail delivered, Phoenix, AZ).
xx/xx/xx : NOA Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

California Service Center is doing the same thing?

I believe my case is also related to this:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=290629

Following is from USPS tracking: basically, it is showing my application got forwarded to anaheim, CA:

Processed, December 23, 2008, 12:32 am, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
Processed, December 22, 2008, 6:43 pm, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
Forwarded, December 22, 2008, 11:52 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA
Arrival at Unit, December 22, 2008, 11:44 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607-->the original California Service Center location

I wonder if other people who sent their applicaiton to California Service Center and TRACK THROUGH USPS see the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called USPS today and they said the forward service could take up to 14 biz days to deliver :eek: - guys in the same shoes please keep us updated.

My timeline

?? : Check Cashed.
?? : Notice Date.
?? : NOA Received ( I-797C) -
?? : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
?? : FP Appointment & Done.
?? : Interview Letter.
??: Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.
?? : PP applied.
?? : PP received.

US Postal Tracking Message

All,

I sent my N400 application on 12/31 via USPS certified mail to the address (USCIS website)

USCIS TSC
PO Box 851204
Mesquite, TX 75185-1204

But, when I checked the status in USPS and I get the below status, is it normal ? or the address or zip got changed ?

Thanks,

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 3:42 PM on January 2, 2009 in MESQUITE, TX 75185. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I have the same message, is it because that I sent Certified mail ? Instead of regular mail with delivery confirmation ?

Btw, I sent my N400 application on 12/31 via USPS certified mail to the address (USCIS website)

USCIS TSC
PO Box 851204
Mesquite, TX 75185-1204

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 3:42 PM on January 2, 2009 in MESQUITE, TX 75185. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Thanks mavsfan. After I posted here, then I looked some other postings and some folks have the same issue has mine.

All,

I have just got confirmation from USPS shipping tracker that my application was delievered/received at TSC Lock box (LEWISVILLE TX 75067)

Hi,

I am getting ready to file for my citizenship.Can some one please post the list of items that I am supposed to sent along with the form please.I am filing from alpharetta GA

I am ready for file N-400. Since they are transfering the application to the lockbox anyways, can I just send it directly to the lockbox now before the Jan 22nd.

Hi Chunnu

I am planning to send it directly to the lock box address.
Can you please send me the list of documents that are sending along with N-400 application.

Also, we just had a baby on Dec 23rd, 2008.Should i be sending her birth certificate?

The N400 application instructions clearly state what you need to send along with your application.

1. Copy of your PR card (both sides)
2. 2 passport size photos
3. Payment
4. N-400 application
5. G-28 form if u r being represented by your attorney

If you r applying based on marriage to a US citizen then the requirements are different.

Hi Chunnu

I am planning to send it directly to the lock box address.
Can you please send me the list of documents that are sending along with N-400 application.

Also, we just had a baby on Dec 23rd, 2008.Should i be sending her birth certificate?

folks,

If you knowyour N-400 was delievered - Would you please let us know if your USPS tracking status was updated to delivered as well??

Thanks

folks,

If you knowyour N-400 was delievered - Would you please let us know if your USPS tracking status was updated to delivered as well??

Thanks

Mine was...I had delivery confirmation on my priority mail and it showed it being forwarded from Nebraska and finally reaching Phoenix and status now says "Delivered"

#206 6th January 2009, 07:23 AM
jordan87
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2008

D/O : Milwaukee, WI
12/18/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
12/22/08 : Forwarded to Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox.
12/29/08 : USPS (A notice was left at PO Box 21251).
12/29/08 : USPS ( mail delivered).
01/05/09 : Check cached
xx/xx/xx : NOA Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.