N-400 forwarded to NBC

dougalted

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My wife recently applied for Citizenship (N-400) based on her marrigae to me, a US citizen. Now we have received an email notice that provided the receipt number and mentioned "Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing". I did not realize they forwarded N-400 cases to NBC for processing. The receipt number starts with NBC*. Is this normal? Can someone please confirm?

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,

Hi all,
Now we have received an email notice that provided the receipt number and mentioned "Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing". I did not realize they forwarded N-400 cases to NBC for processing. The receipt number starts with NBC*. Is this normal? Can someone please confirm?
I assume this is the first notification you've received and you had attached form G-1145 to the application with your email address?
This is normal lingo, we all send our N-400 applications to a lockbox address from where it gets forwarded to the NBC, as the email mentions.

You can use that NBC*123 number as your case status tracking number at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, although it will take a while for that number to be known in the online system (I'm still waiting on my wife's number to become active). Later you can register it in a portfolio to receive further notification until your wife's case gets transferred to a local DO.

Next notifications your wife will receive (and you see those mentioned in our signatures):
* Notice of Action letter as receipt notice
* "RFE" which is actually a scheduling letter for fingerprinting
* case transferred to local DO (online status change only)
* interview letter (IL)
* oath letter

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you cafeconleche and DavidSEA. DavidSEA thanks for the very informative post. I did indeed include G-1145 and glad to see it worked.

Regards