N-400 for spouse

jattindc1

Registered Users (C)
Just now my wife's application received back reason they gave( amount of the check does not match with the numerical numbers) which is totally BS, she need to resubmit again so what should she do just change the last and first page with new application date. On the front page they have stamp of receiving the application.
Resubmitting with the front page stamped is Ok?offcourse a new check. Now is application fees is still $400.00 one check? please shed some light.

I sent a single check of $400 to Department of Homeland Security that worked for me (and many other posts that I have seen here). The instructions on 'The Guide to Naturalization', page 50 (M-479) do not mention if there have to be two check or one (they mention the breakup of the fee). Following excerpts have been taken from the Guide itself, page 50:

You must send the $400.00 fee with your application. Pay the fee with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank payable to the Department of Homeland Security. Do not use the initials DHS or USDHS. Do Not Send Cash.

jattindc1, how did you send the check before?

There is certainly no need to send two separate checks, however the fee currently is $400, so if your check wasn't for that amount, I cold see why they returned the application.