N-400 Filing too early

Just got an email from the lawyer, the requirement is be married to USC and hold a green card for 2 years and 9 months. I have an appointment in 3,5 hours, i will get it confirmed again in person. Also, if you search for 2 years and 9 months, you will see many successful applications. I don't know what part you guys are not getting but for the sake of people reading the thread, I want to get this straight.

WBH, I don't go by what people say, I go by the law and what lawyers say and have seen. Anybody can say anything, it is a free country, and it is free to be wrong and be insistent.

If your GC is 3 monther older than your marriage, then it is OK. But it looks like they are the same. So
when you are on your GC for 2 years and 9 month, you are not 3-years married yet.

Your lawyer is wrong if he OK this. Your USCIS interview offcier is wrong if he pass you.

No you didn't. As I wrote before, you're not allowed to file 90 days before your 3-year wedding anniversary. You may file 90 days before your 3-year green card anniversary, but not before your 3-year wedding anniversary. You're confusing those two distinct concepts.

Perhaps a fierce battle often break out between the USCIS IO and the applicants

IO: I have to deny your applciation because at the time of filing you are still not past 3 years of marriage
the applicant: but the laws says I can apply 90 days before 3 years of residence
IO: yes but not 90 days before 3 years of marriage
the applicant: but I am using 90-day rule for residence
IO: you can only use it if you past your 3rd weddning anniversary
the applicant: I use 90-day for residence not 90-day rule for marriage. Laws say I can file 90 day before the 3rd anniversary iof my GC
IO: You can only do that after your 3rd weddning aniversary
the applicanr: Sorry Office, But I already said I am using 90-day rule for resident not for marriage

Looking forward to hearing back from Fidanboylu.

If we don't, I am afraid his lawyer talked him into applying and he is on his way to lose money and time.

Looking forward to hearing back from Fidanboylu.

If we don't, I am afraid his lawyer talked him into applying and he is on his way to lose money and time.

There is a chance that the USCIS can miss this point and approve the application. I am not sure if that happens, the applicant
can stop thining about it and a go ahead with oath It is also possible that The IO give "recommdended for approval" at the
interview and the applicant wait for oath day, then after some time, a letter arrive saying the applicant is denied.

There is a chance that the USCIS can miss this point and approve the application. I am not sure if that happens, the applicant
can stop thining about it and a go ahead with oath It is also possible that The IO give "recommdended for approval" at the
interview and the applicant wait for oath day, then after some time, a letter arrive saying the applicant is denied.

Yes it could fall through the cracks with an inexperienced officer but then caught by a supervisor. Either way, not a good way to risk $680 and about 5 months of time and the hassle of the process.

If you reread the first post of the thread, you'll see that the attorney already sent in the application and USCIS cashed the check and sent a receipt notice.

He thought it was filed about 20 days too early, based on the wrong assumption of being able to file with 2 years and 9 months of marriage. But in reality it's 3 months and 20 days too early.

If you reread the first post of the thread, you'll see that the attorney already sent in the application and USCIS cashed the check and sent a receipt notice.

He thought it was filed about 20 days too early, based on the wrong assumption of being able to file with 2 years and 9 months of marriage. But in reality it's 3 months and 20 days too early.

Can lawyers really correct, via their contact in USCIS, mistakenly-too-early-filed application as the OP calimed his lawyer promised to do?
that is can they persuade USCIS to correct filing date after cahsing teh check?

Can lawyers really correct, via their contact in USCIS, mistakenly-too-early-filed application as the OP calimed his lawyer promised to do?
that is can they persuade USCIS to correct filing date after cahsing teh check?

They might be able to persuade USCIS to send everything back without cashing the check, but once it's cashed and the receipt's been generated, it's too late.

It would be really great if he would disclose that law firm so that future applicants are warned. It is really a shame that there are these "professionals" who are not able to interpret USCIS documents correctly.