N-400 Chicago timeline, experience, advice

Oath letter

I just received the letter for the oath ceremony and it is on June 30th in Springfield. GUREL

A potential PROBLEM!!

rusom said:
geebee,

have you recieved your oath letter yet????????????? we got interviewed on the same day in peoria. i'm hoping mine will come with yours. i got a letter saying that i failed to show up for my ceremony on may 19 but i never got the letter!! i did the whole infopass thing again and go no where. the officer just told me that i wouldn't be a priority anymore and they don't deal with citizenship cases anyways. i wrote to the citizenship office but i haven't heard anything back yet... please post if you got your oath letter. thanks!

firstly, no rusom, i still have not recd my oath letter.

we have a potential problem here. i was told that our FPs expire 15 months from when they were taken. i guess if the oath ceremony does not happen within a month, then i guess we will all be in trouble and have to re-do our FPs again and wait for the oath ceremony for ever.

i am really sick of this!!!

suriyan said:
If checks are cashed, then all is well. Just wait patiently, you will get your NOA alsmost immediately followed by a FP notice.

Dear Suriyan,

You are almost done, less than 2 weeks for your Oath.
Question pls, where is the venue for the interview??
I know that Oath taking is at Everett McKinley Dirksen Building downtown chicago.

I hope will get the Oath letter directly after the interview as your case, since we are pretty tight with time, we were planning to move to another state by end of August.

My timeline:
Application Sent - 5/19/2006
Received - 5/24/2006
Check Encashed - 5/30/2006.
Receipt date -6/05/2006
Fingerprints Notification -6/09/06
Fingerprints Appointment - 06/17/06
Interview NOA - ??
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

marconi71 said:
Dear Suriyan,

You are almost done, less than 2 weeks for your Oath.
Question pls, where is the venue for the interview??
I know that Oath taking is at Everett McKinley Dirksen Building downtown chicago.

Hello marconi71,
My DO is SFO area and not Chicago. Hence, cannot answer for your case. Hope all ticks like clockwork for you.
Regards

Hello!!

I finally got my oath letter for this Friday!!! Good luck to all those still waiting...

It's all finally OVER!!

hi guys,

i finally had my oath ceremony on July 21, 2006 at the Peoria Civic Center here in Peoria, Illinois. i immediately went to the main post office and applied for my U.S. Passport (also expedited it for a fee). should be getting it in a couple of weeks.

i would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support on this forum. good luck to those still in the process.

my next phase is to apply for the OCI card from our own India (will our immigration process ever end at all??).

Chicago Timeline Citizenship

Here is my timeline with the Chicago office

Sent my N-400: May 25, 2008
Received confirmation: June 2, 2008
Fingerprints: June 24, 2008
Interview: Aug. 28, 2008
Oath ceremony: Sept. 12, 2008
Passport Applic sent: Sept. Sept. 19, 2008
Passport received: Sept. 27, 2008

The whole process from application to oath ceremony took 3.5 months- INCREDIBLE!!!! I was completely shocked how fast and efficient everything worked. I wish everyone else has a similiar experience. Maggie