N-400 Chicago timeline, experience, advice

rusom said:
Hey!

I'm glad you finally got the Interview Letter!!! Hopefully ours is not too far behind! I was wondering...can you tell me what exactly you mean by your status disappearing? Also, what was the update date before July 8th. Is the letter post marked July 8th? Maybe the status disappears when they post you your letter. My update date still stows up as being in April (when i applied initially).

It got updated on July 8th 2005.

Earlier my status showed something like the receipt letter has been sent on ....., then it changed to:

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

my status

my status still says:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on April 8, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 370 and 385 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

is that usual?

rusom said:
my status still says:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on April 8, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 370 and 385 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

is that usual?
Rusom

My message was the same as your message on ONLINE status before it changed.

Oath

Took Oath at the Federal Court on Dearborn street. 140 people were given oath at each ceremony. It was quite boring other than the impressive court room. Certificate of Naturalization was handed immediately. Pictures are allowed, so you can have spouse/guests bring camera and take your picture.

It has been a pleasure being at this forum, and seeing the helping attitude of everybody for everyone else.

My timeline was:
March 7, 2005, PD
April 10, 2005, FP,
June 17, 2005, ID,
July 15, 2005, Oath.

Thank you and Good luck.

wow! congratulations NotThatSmart!!! Your seem to have moved right along. Your timeline is quite impressive. Congrats once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
NotThatSmart said:
Took Oath at the Federal Court on Dearborn street. 140 people were given oath at each ceremony. It was quite boring other than the impressive court room. Certificate of Naturalization was handed immediately. Pictures are allowed, so you can have spouse/guests bring camera and take your picture.

It has been a pleasure being at this forum, and seeing the helping attitude of everybody for everyone else.

My timeline was:
March 7, 2005, PD
April 10, 2005, FP,
June 17, 2005, ID,
July 15, 2005, Oath.

Thank you and Good luck.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow, that is one impressive time line. Congratz!!

geebee23 and others who have applied around April 8th,

has anyonne recieved interview letters recently?

NotThatSmart said:

My timeline was:
March 7, 2005, PD
April 10, 2005, FP,
June 17, 2005, ID,
July 15, 2005, Oath.

Thank you and Good luck.

Impressive. My PD date is March 7, too. And I still didn't even get my Finger Print Notice. Where is the fairness in that? Does anybody have any idea why the huge timeline difference? Any guesses?
thanks for your time.

My timeline was:
March 7, 2005, PD
Still waiting for FP

Still Waiting

rusom said:
geebee23 and others who have applied around April 8th,

has anyonne recieved interview letters recently?

Hi Rusom, just to let u all know, I am still waiting for my Int. Letter. Hope it shows up soon!!! Please keep us updated. :confused:

Just wanted let everyone know, that I recieved my Interview Letter today. Following are details. I will keep everyone posted with Interview and Oath details as I the time comes.

App mailed 5/1/05
App rx'd: 5/3/05
PD: 5/3/05
FP: 6/11/05
FP approved: 6/11/05
Interview Notice Date: 8/1/05
Interview Data: 10/13/05
Oath: ??

Thanks everyone.

Frustrating!!!!

hi guys,

just want to let you all know that i am still waiting for my interview letter from the chicago DO. had my FP done on may 20. i have no idea what's going on.

just wondering if anyone from this office get an Int Letter lately other than AVJ? please respond. thanks a ton. this is really frustrating!!! :( :mad:

Interview letter

Received my interview letter today. The online status showed updated date of 9/9/2005 for both my wife's and my application. My wife hasn't received her letter yet, hopefully we will receive it soon.

Mailed application: May 18,2005
Received by USCIS: May 23, 2005
Checks cashed: May 25, 2005
Received Receipt Letter: May 31, 2005
Received Fingerprint Letter: June 3, 2005
Fingerprint Appointment/FP done: July 7, 2005
Interview Notice Date: September 7, 2005
Interview Date: November 9, 2005.

Regards,
v_m

Chicago: August 2005 Priority Dates

Receipt Notice (Priority) Date: August 22, 2005
Fingerprint Date: September 21, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustration Building Up!!!

hi guys, it is really frustrating that nothing is happening with my case. Rusom, have u made any progress? did u get ur int letter? i am still endlessly waiting for mine.

guys, if anybody from the chicago office got anything please share it here.

one final thing, i was told that interviews will be scheduled at various cities across Illinois close to where u live. since i live in peoria, could that be slowing down my progess? please advise. thanks guys!! :mad: :confused: :( :eek: :

I'm afraid I haven't heard anything either. I seem to be running quite low on patience now. I don't know why there is such a delay here when other applications seem to be moving right along. I'm thinking maybe it has to do something with us living in the central IL since ppl from Chicago area seem to be moving rather quickly! I'm curious to find out where you heard about the interviews being scheduled at various cities across IL. I haven't heard anything as such.

I was checking the priority dates on the website for chicago and they moved 10 days last month. They update the dates online sometime in the middle of the month. As of Sept 15, they were processing applications with PD of March 28. Even if they move another 10 days this month, we should hear something soon!!

rusom said:
I'm afraid I haven't heard anything either. I seem to be running quite low on patience now. I don't know why there is such a delay here when other applications seem to be moving right along. I'm thinking maybe it has to do something with us living in the central IL since ppl from Chicago area seem to be moving rather quickly! I'm curious to find out where you heard about the interviews being scheduled at various cities across IL. I haven't heard anything as such.

I was checking the priority dates on the website for chicago and they moved 10 days last month. They update the dates online sometime in the middle of the month. As of Sept 15, they were processing applications with PD of March 28. Even if they move another 10 days this month, we should hear something soon!!

You think your application is moving slow. Check out my PD. My PD date is March 7. And I still didn't even get my Finger Print Notice. Where is the fairness in that? I am starting to think that living in Central Illinois is the problem. Rusom, where do you live and what is your PD? Did you get your FP notice? I live in Springfield.
thanks for your time.

My timeline was:
March 7, 2005, PD
Still waiting for FP

Central Illinois is the problem

hi gurel and rusom,

u guys are right. we living in cental or southern illinois is the problem. gurel is from springfield and i am from peoria. i am sure rusom is also from one of these non-chicago cities. this is really unfair but i guess we can't do much about this other than just waiting for things to happen.

BTW, rusom, regarding interviews being held at different cities in illinois, i read it on the USCIS website. go to district offices and choose chicago and then go to overview. it is under the paragraph heading citizenship outreach. hope this helps. good luck to all. please keep us posted. :( :eek:

I'm in Bloomington and my PD is April 8th. I got fingerprinted back in late May. Gurel, i think you should schedule an appointment through infopass and find out what's happening with your application. you can call them too if your PD is one month before the current date (which would be true in your case) and you have not heard from them in the last 60 days.