N-400 Chicago timeline, experience, advice

geebee23 said:
hello all,

any word on the current processing time from NSC and Chicago DO? I am still waiting for my Int Letter. my timeline is similar to av john? avj, did u get ur Int Letter? pls reply.
No, geebee23, I am still anxiously waiting for the Interview Letter. Looking at other postings in this thread, it appears that it comes in 4-6 week. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed to get it in the next couple of weeks. Keep us posted on your progress.

hello avjohn, thanks for ur response. i will keep an eye on the mailbox. will keep u guys updated and pls do the same. thanks. :eek:

Got my interview notice for Aug 16, 2005, my PD March 23, 2005.
My friend got his interview notice for Aug 18, his PD March 29, 2005.

Oath letter

Recieved oath letters for my wife and myself for middle of July. My timeline has been:

Interview had the usual 6 questions, and verification of questions already answered on the N-400 application.

PD: March 07, 2005.
FP: April second week, sometime.
ID: June 17, 2005
Oath: July 15, 2005.
Chicago/ Nebraska INS.

geebee23, if I may ask, how did you find out whether you FP have been approved or not?

THANKS ALL!
======================================

Here is my timeline, I am trailing you by one month for Chicago/Nebraska N-400 app:

App mailed 5/1/05
App rx'd: 5/3/05
PD: 5/3/05
FP: 6/11/05
FP approved: ??
ID: ??
Oath: ??

boondi said:
geebee23, if I may ask, how did you find out whether you FP have been approved or not?

THANKS ALL!
======================================

Here is my timeline, I am trailing you by one month for Chicago/Nebraska N-400 app:

App mailed 5/1/05
FP approved: ??

hi boondi, you can call the FBI and they will give you the status of ur FPs. Their number is (304)625-5590 [between 8:00 to 5:30 EST]. hope this helps. Good Luck!!

I called the FBI finger prints status number. I was told that my FP was received in November 2004 and sent back to INS. I asked whether my FP was approved. The agent said she could not tell me the results. What does it mean? Does it mean my FP was processed and the results were sent back to INS? Or does it mean it was not approved? When you guys talk about FP being approved, what exactly do you mean?

Thanks!

VJB said:
I called the FBI finger prints status number. I was told that my FP was received in November 2004 and sent back to INS. I asked whether my FP was approved. The agent said she could not tell me the results. What does it mean? Does it mean my FP was processed and the results were sent back to INS? Or does it mean it was not approved? When you guys talk about FP being approved, what exactly do you mean?

Thanks!

I don't believe that the FBI would reveal anything other than the fact that the prints recevied from the USCIS were of good quality and that they were processed and the results sent back to the USCIS. I don't believe that they would share with the caller what specifically the results were. When people talk about FP being approved, it just means that the FBI processed the prints and sent the results back to the USCIS. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

VJB said:

Thanks!

Hi VJB,

I also had the same situation.Call them again but different time(say if you called them @11 am, now call them @3 pm) and hopefully you can talk to a different rep.

Thanks Geebee23. I will call them tomorrow morning and let you guys know what I find out from them.

Are we still running on 4-6 weeks timeframe for the ID from FP? Any ideas. Since your FP was 5/20, you should be getting your Interview letter anytime now. Keep us posted. Thanks again.

All,

I noticed that the USCIS is stuck on FEb05 for n400 processing for the last month and half. Any news?

Thanks All!

there is nothing "approved" or "denied" of the FP.

You should know if you have any criminal background or not. why bother to know if your fp is even approved (.. the approved / denied should not even be applied in the context at all)

for the FP process, either it gets sent back to USCIS or not.

I just called the FBI number and they told me that my FP was recieved and was sent back to the USCIS the same day. This is all the information they provide. My time line has been updated below...

App mailed 5/1/05
FP Processed: 6/11/05

AVJ any word on your Int Date??

hello AVJ,

just wondering if you heard anything about your interview date. i am still waiting for my letter???? please keep us posted. good luck to all of u. :confused:

Here is my timeline for Chicago. Haven't heard back regarding Interview yet. Isn't there a way we can find out where our application is?

App mailed 4/13/05
App rx'd: 4/15/05
FP: 4/30/05
Interview: ??

geebee23 said:
hello AVJ,

just wondering if you heard anything about your interview date. i am still waiting for my letter???? please keep us posted. good luck to all of u. :confused:
Got my interview letter today - scheduled for 9/13. The wait for the letter ends and the interview starts.

Funny thing - my online status disappeared with the update date of July 8th.

Any observations on if Chicago gives the decision at the time of interview itself or do they send it later. Also, how much time between interview and oath date?

Thanks for all the posts and info - it is so helpful

If everything is complete I believe officer will give you slip saying recommended for approval. Oath appears to take place one month after successful interview. Oath letter arrives in mail about 10-14 days after interview. But these timings could easily change for better or worse by the time your interview comes around in Sept 13. Movement of immigration cases remains dangerously unpredictable.

Congratulations!!

avjohn said:
Got my interview letter today - scheduled for 9/13. The wait for the letter ends and the interview starts.

Funny thing - my online status disappeared with the update date of July 8th.

Any observations on if Chicago gives the decision at the time of interview itself or do they send it later. Also, how much time between interview and oath date?

Thanks for all the posts and info - it is so helpful

Hello AVJ, congrats!!! Good Luck on ur interview. I am yet to receive my INT letter. Will keep u guys posted. Thanks.

Congrats!

Hey!

I'm glad you finally got the Interview Letter!!! Hopefully ours is not too far behind! I was wondering...can you tell me what exactly you mean by your status disappearing? Also, what was the update date before July 8th. Is the letter post marked July 8th? Maybe the status disappears when they post you your letter. My update date still stows up as being in April (when i applied initially).

My status disappeared online on July 8th. I got a letter for an interview in Sept on July 11th. My priority date was April 15th. Let hope the interview goes well and the oath date is soon. Good luck to everyone!