N-400 Chicago timeline, experience, advice

Today i got my FP done at Broadway ASC in Chicago early. In fact no one even questioned my coming early (my appt was May 6). At the end they returned my FP notice with today's date and a processing stamp on it.

Interview at Chicago

We had our interview at the Chicago CUSA office on 4/20. The experience was very smooth. It took around 15 minutes each for me and my wife. They said they can expect the oath in the next 3-6 weeks. Will see when we get the letter for Oath.

-----------
Mailed on : 21st Jan
INS Rec'd on : 24th Jan
Priority Date :24th Jan
Check cleared :27th Jan
Received letter :5th Feb
FP NOA : 25th Feb
FP : 4th March
Letter for interview rec'd : 18th March
Interview: 20th April.
--------

Interview notice recieved

I recieved interview notice for interview on June 17, 2005. Timeline so far:
PD: Mar 07, 2005
FP: Apr 13, 2005
Interview scheduled for June 17, 2005. (notice date April 21, also the online portfolio could add the case just today. So it is much like winds blowing before heavy rainfall).

Hope that helps.

krish24 said:
Received my interview letter. So,here is my time line:

PD:02/08/05
FD:03/10/05
ID:05/09/05

Thanks.

I have my interview today (05/09/05) @ 7.45 am. Interviewer was really nice. The whole process took 4-5 mins. Asked me 6 questions:
1. What do we celebrate on 4th of July?
2.What is the highest part of the Judiciary Branch of our Government?
3.What is the capital of Illinois state?
4.Who was President during the Civil War?
5.In what month do we vote for the President?
6. Can't remember.

Told me to write “There are fifty states in America". Then went over my application. She gave me N-652 and told me that I should receive my oath letter in 90 days. I asked her "what I should do if I don't receive the oath letter”. She told me to call her in that case.

Thank you everybody and wish all of you good luck.

Does anyone know if it really takes 90 days to get oath letter after interview?If not what is the average time after interview for non-complicated cases?

Hi everyone,
My mom and brother both applied for naturalization at chicago DO
their priority date is 02/28/05 and got fp done on 3/17/05.
They haven't recieved their interview letters yet, also they can't seem to add the case # in their online accounts.
Is this normal(a/c to the timelines posted in this thread; it looks like ppl are getting their interview letters in less than two months after applying)?
Should they make infopass appointment or wait some more?

Thanks a lot!!!

ip_everywhere said:
Hi everyone,
My mom and brother both applied for naturalization at chicago DO
their priority date is 02/28/05 and got fp done on 3/17/05.
They haven't recieved their interview letters yet, also they can't seem to add the case # in their online accounts.
Is this normal(a/c to the timelines posted in this thread; it looks like ppl are getting their interview letters in less than two months after applying)?
Should they make infopass appointment or wait some more?

Thanks a lot!!!

have their PD become current per USCIS online time line?
if their PD have not become current, and if they get an INfopass appt, the officer there might 99.9% tell your mom and brother saying they have to wait until their PD becomes current.

:(

avjohn said:
I am new to this forum but have found it very useful. I have just started my N-400 and here is my information so far.

N-400 Mailed by Certified Priority Mail : April 4 2005
Mail Received : April 7 2005
Check Cashed : April 15 2005
I-797C NOA Date : April 15,2005
Priority Date : April 8,2005
Fingerprint Notification : April 22,2005
Fingerprint Appointment On : May 20,2005
Fingerprint Done in Naperville (Chicago) INS On: May 20,2005

chicago timeline

my timeline is quite similar to yours. i have my fingerprint appointment on the 26th. How was that experience? please continute to give updates on your application. thank you!

avjohn said:
I am new to this forum but have found it very useful. I have just started my N-400 and here is my information so far.

Fingerprint Experience (response to Rusom)

Extremely simple process. I reached about 25 minutes before the appointment time (3 PM on May 20th). The INS office in Naperville was a little difficult to find.

There was only one person ahead of me, actually he was the only one besides me in the whole office except the worker bees. Receptionist took about 15 minutes to clear the person in front of me. I filled the applicant information worksheet. She asked me for Permanent Resident Card.

Then I went to the technician for the fingerprinting. The fingerprinting took about 5 minutes, more than usual as per the technician. Remember not to press your finger or thumb. That causes some unusual patterns.

That is it - good luck.

That's comforting. I searched for the address on mapquest and mapquest couldn't find the exact address that was listed on the letter, so i'm kinda worried. i'm going to be leaving an hour or two early so that i can find the place. I'll be taking 55N to go Naperville and then taking the US 30 exit. Please let me know when you hear about your interview date coz mine shouldn't be too long after that. Also, i had read about someone mentioning the option of taking the civics test on your FP date, is that true? thanks a lot!

Had my FP done at Naperville on May 20, 2005

Hello all,

I just signed up today to be on this forum. I had my FPs taken on May 20, 2005 at the Naperville Support Center. For those of you going there, let me tell you that it is very hard to find. If you are on SR 59 going North of U.S.34, then pull into the Wal-mart parking lot and you will find this place. Good Luck.

If anybody is knowledgable, please let me know if I have to go to Chicago for my Interview (and how long after FP) and also directions to get there from I-55 (from Bloomington, IL), places to park, etc. Thanks a ton.

geebee23

rusom said:
That's comforting. I searched for the address on mapquest and mapquest couldn't find the exact address that was listed on the letter, so i'm kinda worried. i'm going to be leaving an hour or two early so that i can find the place. I'll be taking 55N to go Naperville and then taking the US 30 exit. Please let me know when you hear about your interview date coz mine shouldn't be too long after that. Also, i had read about someone mentioning the option of taking the civics test on your FP date, is that true? thanks a lot!
Here is the webpage for Application Support Centers (fingerprinting services) locations: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/index.htm
Go to your state, and you'll find directions you need.

Geebee23

i found the website listed by Anahit really helpful in directions. so, you should definately check it out, it will give you directions from Bloomington. I too am from Bloomington.

rusom said:
Geebee23

i found the website listed by Anahit really helpful in directions. so, you should definately check it out, it will give you directions from Bloomington. I too am from Bloomington.

How was your FP experience?

My timeline

First post here, just wanted to share my timeline so far:

Mailed application: May 18,2005
Received by USCIS: May 23, 2005
Checks cashed: May 25, 2005
Received Receipt Letter: May 31, 2005
Received Fingerprint Letter: June 3, 2005
Fingerprint Appointment: July 7, 2005

-
v_m

v_m said:
First post here, just wanted to share my timeline so far:

Mailed application: May 18,2005
Received by USCIS: May 23, 2005
Checks cashed: May 25, 2005
Received Receipt Letter: May 31, 2005
Received Fingerprint Letter: June 3, 2005
Fingerprint Appointment: July 7, 2005

-
v_m
v_m,
where do you live? I live in Springfield and my PD is March 10. I still didn't get my Finger Point Appointment. Looks like most of the people posting here are from Chicago. I am trying to figure out if the delay is related to my location.
Others,
Please, send me your time lines if you are from Central Illinois or Southern Illinois. Thanks

gurel said:
v_m,
where do you live? I live in Springfield and my PD is March 10. I still didn't get my Finger Point Appointment. Looks like most of the people posting here are from Chicago. I am trying to figure out if the delay is related to my location.
Thanks
gurel, I live in a southwest suburb of Chicago (Plainfield)...about 20 minutes from the Naperville ASC. But they still ended up setting my fingerprint appointment at another location in Chicago (45 minutes away). Anyways, such a long wait for the fingerprint letter does seem odd, although I don't know anything specific about your application. Hopefully you will get it soon...meanwhile, IMHO, it might not be a bad idea to contact them to find out the reason for the delay.

v_m

FP went pretty smoothly for me. I got there about half an hour early and they didn't make me wait. It took about 10 minutes for the entire process. Its been one day over weeks now and i haven't received my interview letter yet, so just waiting. Have you received yours yet?

Waiting for the Interview Letter

hello all,

any word on the current processing time from NSC and Chicago DO? I am still waiting for my Int Letter. my timeline is similar to av john? avj, did u get ur Int Letter? pls reply.