N-400 Chicago timeline, experience, advice

applyUCS said:
No, my receipt letter does not say anything about fingerprinting, I just read it again. The receipt letter is formatted like this:

My name, application number, etc.

The above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records indicate your personal information is as follows: (my dob and address..)

Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify our office at the address or phone number listed below if there are any changes.

You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been contacted by the local ins office. You should expect this to be 540 days.

(Then at the bottom box, it says: )
If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice, please contact your office below.

If you have other questions please call the customer service number.

If you have access to the internet, please visist usdoj.gov.

END

So it doesn't mention about fingerprinting at all. So why does your letter mention it but not mine?

Well, mine has it right after " ...... 540 days of this notice." And it say:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All naturalization applicants who were between................ You will receive a notice that will provide you with information about when and where to go to have your fingerprints taken, and what you will need to bring with you. Please inform the office listed below immediately of any address changes."

gurel, what does it say follows " All naturalization applicants who were between " on your receipt, is it an age range following this?

Well my receipt does have that fingerprint sentence. It's interesting since the letters come from the same service center but are drasticly different. Can other people who applied throught NSC let us know what's on your receipt? Whether fingerprint is mentioned or not??

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Chicago is moving fast. From Priority date to interview is about 3 months. If this holds true I have about 2 months to my interview.
Can someone share their interview experience in Chicago?
Thanks for the help

Gurel

Here is my timeline:
Applied through marriage. Only sent N-400, 2 pictures and $390.
N-400 mailed: March 03, 2005
Priority Date: March 07, 2005
Checks cashed: March 10, 2005
I-797C letter received: March 18, 2005

I tried, Naperville ASC wouldn't let me. You would be getting the FP notice anytime now. BTW, I still can't add my reciept to that uscis website portfolio thing.
Thanks.

how much before your fp date did your fp notice arrive? as far as adding to portfolio there was another thread that suggested that it became possible once an interview got scheduled.

NotThatSmart said:
Gurel, others,
Any news from Chicagoland or Nebraska ?
I got my FP appt for 4/13. PD is 3/7/05.
Thanks.

Well, You and have the same PD date, but I still didn't get my FP letter. Hopefully, it will be here soon. As soon as anything changes on my status, i will post and let you know. In addition, no luck on INS ONLINE STATUS SEARCH.

I just tried to add my case to my portfolio today for the first time and was successfully able to add it right away. It says my case was last updated 4-1-05 even though my PD is 3-23-05 and ND is 3-29-05. Maybe they generated a FP notice on 4-1-05 ?

NotThatSmart and I have the same PD date (3/7/05). NotThatSmart received his/her FP notice on 3/31 and FP appt date is 4/13. I still didn't get any letter for FP. Is this normal? If you had any information or experience on this, please drop a line. Should I worry?
Thanks.

Worrying is answer to nothing, neither spiritual nor immigration issues .
My basis for applying is 5 years after GC, what about yours ? I mean 3 or 5 yrs ? When are you actually eligible to be a citizen (without 3 month advance application) ? Such questions should help understanding the difference. The only other thing that comes to my mind is that your application has been subject to a check on lost green card application (meaning if no photocopy is accompanied, they assumed that GC was lost and therefore looking for that other application for lost or replacement card that you may have potentially filed).
Ordinarily I would have thought that similar timeframe applications would be dealt with same yard stick. But government agencies are great, be it US or India (sorry for assuming that you are an Indian too) !!! Give it till April 20, and then give your congressman/woman a call. Their office will be happy to help you.

NotThatSmart said:
Worrying is answer to nothing, neither spiritual nor immigration issues .
My basis for applying is 5 years after GC, what about yours ? I mean 3 or 5 yrs ? When are you actually eligible to be a citizen (without 3 month advance application) ? Such questions should help understanding the difference. The only other thing that comes to my mind is that your application has been subject to a check on lost green card application (meaning if no photocopy is accompanied, they assumed that GC was lost and therefore looking for that other application for lost or replacement card that you may have potentially filed).
Ordinarily I would have thought that similar timeframe applications would be dealt with same yard stick. But government agencies are great, be it US or India (sorry for assuming that you are an Indian too) !!! Give it till April 20, and then give your congressman/woman a call. Their office will be happy to help you.

First of all, I am from Turkey. My GC wasn't lost, I just forgot to send a copy of my GC. I received my GC in July, 1999 and applied through marriage (3 years would be enough). I will wait for another week and then try to call or contact my congressman's office. In addition, I live in Springfield, not in Chicago.

Received my FP appt in mail today. My PD is 3-23-05. However appt is far away for 5-6-05 at the 4853 N. Broadway ASC in Chicago. I will try and get it done earlier if they let me. I applied based on 5 yrs residence.

Timeline

I am new to this forum but have found it very useful. I have just started my N-400 and here is my information so far.

N-400 Mailed by Certified Priority Mail : April 4 2005
Mail Received : April 7 2005
Check Cashed : April 15 2005
I-797C NOA Date : April 15,2005
Priority Date : April 8,2005
Fingerprint Notification : April 22,2005
Fingerprint Appointment On : May 20,2005

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice today

I received my FP noa today. My time line is as follows:
PD 3/10/05
FP NOA 4/15/05
FP 5/2/05

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to receive interview notice after finger print is done?

applyUCS said:
I received my FP noa today. My time line is as follows:
PD 3/10/05
FP NOA 4/15/05
FP 5/2/05

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to receive interview notice after finger print is done?

applyUCS, where are you going to get FP taken and where do you live? Looks like people live in Chicago get their stuff done faster.

Chicago District Processing Time

Guys,
I checked the processing time for Chicago district office. As of April 18, 2005, Chicago is processing N-400 with PD of Dec 28, 2004.
Good luck !