N-400 . Check still not cashed? Anyone else

tangerine77

Registered Users (C)
Hi I have fedexed my N-400 application to Lockbox facility in Lewsiville,Texas. Application was signed and received on january 15,2009. I have sent a personal cheque and is still not cashed so far. anyone with similar experiennces. Please reply me

Thanks

Welcome to the Twilight Zone !!! And I say this bcs everytime you think you know how much time these people will take, YOU DON'T KNOW.

Almost imposible to time these people out and it seems they make an effort to keep it this way, so everybody is lost all the time.- :mad:

Check

My Application got accepted at VSC on 16th Jan. My check got cahsed on 27th Jan. My bank had a copy of the check. It got cashed in Lewisville TX. So you should have it cashed soon. BTW, what are the starting 3 letters for citizenship receipt number? I have a 10 digit number at the back of the cashed check, but no 3 letters in the beginning.

My Application got accepted at VSC on 16th Jan. My check got cahsed on 27th Jan. My bank had a copy of the check. It got cashed in Lewisville TX. So you should have it cashed soon. BTW, what are the starting 3 letters for citizenship receipt number? I have a 10 digit number at the back of the cashed check, but no 3 letters in the beginning.

Usually LIN.

Depends on where your application is processed. For Texas, it would be SSC or SRC.
(LIN is for Lincoln Nebraska).

so case number coding didn't change with new Lockbox processing? namely is it still WAC for CA? I am looking at my newly cashed check and cant find anything that looks like a case number on it, i supose it should either begin with 09/9 for 2009 FY, or it should have 5 digits - according to lockbox thread - it's letters XYZ -then 0s- then 5 digits- no 2009 or 09 in it?

so case number coding didn't change with new Lockbox processing? namely is it still WAC for CA? I am looking at my newly cashed check and cant find anything that looks like a case number on it, i supose it should either begin with 09/9 for 2009 FY, or it should have 5 digits - according to lockbox thread - it's letters XYZ -then 0s- then 5 digits- no 2009 or 09 in it?

I got a number that is NBC*0000#####.

Hi Tangerine - i am here. was it cashed by now? Weare in the same boat here. Fedex reached on 28th; one check cashed and another application check still not:(

How can you get your original check back from the bank? Does USCIS
do what it claim to do as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you send us a check, it will be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). This means we will copy your check and use the account information on it to electronically debit your account for the amount of the check. The debit from your account will usually occur within 24 hours, and will be shown on your regular account statement.

You will not receive your original check back. We will destroy your original check, but we will keep a copy of it. If the EFT cannot be processed for technical reasons, you authorize us to process the copy in place of your original check. If the EFT cannot be completed because of insufficient funds, we may try to make the transfer up to two times.

Last edited by a moderator: