n-400 check posted- NOVA applicant

USCITZNHOPEFUL

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Thanks to everyone who helped me with round one of the n-400 application.
So far this is what I have done and I know that it's the nitty gritty details that mattered to me so if there's anyone out there with the same questions that I had, hopefully, this would be of some help....BUT I AM NOT THE AUTHORITY HERE SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE.

I filled out my application on the PC and got print outs. It is much neater and clearer to do it this way than handwriting the answers. It has taken approx 10 days from the time it was mailed until now, when I see that the check is posted.

For each and every blank space that were not applicable to me, I put 'N/A' without leaving any blanks spaces.
Because my son's name was too long to accommodate in the space provided, I used another sheet of paper and attached it to application BUT FILLED OUT THE SPACE IN THE APPLICATION AS WELL. On the top left of the extra sheet of paper, I typed 'N-400', MY NAME AND A# on the top left corner of the paper.

I sent one check for $400 with my A# on the space that says 'For' at the bottom left space of my check.

The photos were put in a small envelope along with the check. No paper clips were used to attach anything. On the small envelope, I wrote my Name, A# and 'N-400' on the top right hand corner.Then on the left hand side, I wrote 'CONTENTS' and listed the contents as follows;
CONTENTS:
*ONE PERSONAL CHECK- $400
*TWO PHOTOGRAPHS

My spouse's application was mailed seperately.

We mailed our applications through USPS flat rate priority envelope which includes delivery confirmation and tracked the delivery on the website.

So far, this is what has happened. I hope to get a letter of acceptence soon. Will give an update when that happens.

Again, thanks to this great forum and website. it's a huge help!

One More Thing....
I Used A Regular Paper Clip To Hold My Entire Application Together. Also Include A Cover Letter. I Will Post My Cover Letter As A Sample Just In Case Someone Needs Help With That.

I have copied my brief cover letter as a sample for anyone interested. Please note, this was drafted by me to my own uderstanding and according to my situation. So please use your discretion.

N-400 your name here
your A# here

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
YOUR DESIGNATED Service Center address

ENTER DATE HERE

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am herewith submitting my N-400 Application For Naturalization and applicable supporting documents, based on the five year rule (or whatever your situation is)

I (If applicable mention that your wife and kids also arrived with you) arrived (enter state here), USA on (enter date of entry to USA) .

(ENTER BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SUCH AS WHAT FIELD YOU WORK IN AND HAVE WORKED IN THE PAST -BUT MAKE IT BRIEF- OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS. THIS IS ALSO A GOOD PLACE TO MENTION ANYTHING YOU NEED THE OFFICER TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION, ANY ISSUES ETC. {IN MY CASE, SINCE I HAVE BEEN A STAY AT HOME MOM FOR THE MOST PART, I MENTIONED IT HERE.})

Further, I have enclosed the following documents in this packet; (Again, customize the list according to your application contents)

* Completed N-400 Application for Naturalization.
* Cover Letter
* Photocopy of both sides of Permanent Resident Card.
* One Personal Check for Application fees - $400.
* Two identical photographs per requirements.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,