N-400 Check Clearance - Case Number

EastBay_003

Registered Users (C)
I just posted my N-400 application to CSC.

1. Do they indicate the case number on the Check sent for clearance?.

2. Does the check clearance indicate all is fine in the initial scrutiny by CSC?.

Thanks

EastBay_003

Usually when a check is cleared it means your application has been accepted and you will be sent a receipt notice(form 797).

In VSC the case number(receipt number) is written on the front of the cleared check. It could be the same for CSC also.

Hope this helps.

I had a question on the number in the front of the check - is it a 13 character number including the ESC at the beginning? Reason I ask is I saw in my bank's online account that the check has cleared but they dont have a 13 character number which is what they ask for when you try to check the case status online.

Thanks!!

When a check is cleared you don't see all the 13 characters on the front on the check. They write something like ESC123456. You have to take this number and make it a 13 digit number by including a * and any number of 0s to make it a 13 digit number.

So for example if you see ESC123456 on your check then your receipt number is ESC*000123456.

Hope this helps.

When the status available online?

How soon will we be able to check the status of the application online after getting the reciept number from the front of the check? I got the reciept number from the check but online does not recoginse it.

I am in the same situation. My wife and I applied together in the same envelope. My wife received the receipt notice and has been finger printed too. I am still waiting for my receipt notice after nearly 4 weeks. I will wait for 2 more weeks and hopefully I should get the receipt notice by that time. See my signature below for details.

MasterUSA ,
Did you try to check status online with the ESC number on the check? Does your wifes status show online?

Yes. I checked the status with ESC number on the check. My wife's case show up online but mine does not.

Reciept recieved

Recieved reciept notice today, I had mailed on 08/02. Checks cashed on 08/04 Notice date 08/10

Anyone from TSC

Don't see case number on face of check. :confused: Whole lot of blurred numbers on the back that aren't clear in the image. Any tips?

Its usually been spotted in the front face of the check. I do not recall it ever been spotted on the back.
BTW, do scan the front one more time, and its handwritten. It doesnt list the letters and leading zeroes, so it might be some 6 to 7 digit number.

Thanks Suriyan

The image is provided by the bank, I do not have the check in hand. Basically, there is nothing on the front of the check that I did not write myself. :(

Update: From my Check

Hi,

The checks were cleared last week and had the case number on the front 7 digits)...though it was difficult to deipher.

Today I recd the NOA and FP appointment from CSC.
On the online system , it is still not visible.

Timeline:
Mailed Application(Self): 08/05/06
Mailed Application(Wife): 08/05/06 - Same envelope
Recd by CSC(both) : 08/07/06
Priority Date(both) : 08/07/06
Check Clerared (both): 08/08/06
NOA posted(both) : 08/14/06
NOA Recd(for both) : 08/17/06
FP Appt(for both) : 08/29/06

Update - NOA received on 8/17

Fyi, for TSC, the receipt number begins with SSC* and is nowhere to be found on the cashed check (front or back), we just have to wait.