N-400 Charlotte/NC Timeline

vaippatel,
Thanks for sharing your experience. It seems Charlotte is taking 12-14 months AFTER YOUR N-400 PD to get an interview so you better make another INFOPASS appointment and have your passport stamped if you plan to travel out of the country soon.

I think the way they are doing it is nice, since they want to end the backlog, so they do save time by merging the interviews into one. Am just disappointed that USCIS increased fees for filing ALL papers and said this was expected to speed up things, but it seems they are still as slow as hell.
FYI, dont feel alone waiting for the N400 and I-751 interviews, there are tons of people at this stage.

Hi Guys,
what a nice site this is. this should have been the duty of INS to tell us what they are doing with the cases we have rather than to keep us in the dark. this site clear the darkness though. thanks to all of you. my wife applied on March/04 and had FP on Sep/04. nothing heard after that. would like to hear good news. promise to let you know of any dev't. forgive my ignorance! with out knowing of the Charlotte thread, I opend a new one! ignore that!!

qsheba said:
Hi Guys,
what a nice site this is. this should have been the duty of INS to tell us what they are doing with the cases we have rather than to keep us in the dark. this site clear the darkness though. thanks to all of you. my wife applied on March/04 and had FP on Sep/04. nothing heard after that. would like to hear good news. promise to let you know of any dev't. forgive my ignorance! with out knowing of the Charlotte thread, I opend a new one! ignore that!!
qsheba,
You are very kind. If you think your new timeline is unnecessary, you can delete it by clicking it, and then click on "edit" and then delete. You are the only one, besides the moderators of course, who can do so.
Good luck. :)

some good news.
my wife got a letter for interview on Sep29/05. this was sent on the 8th of July. Fp-September/04

Timeline in Charlotte

My GC petition was employment-based.

N-400 in Charlotte:

PD -- August 1, 2005
FD -- September 14, 2005

no interview notice yet. I suspect with Charlotte processing times over 1 year, that I will not hear anything from the Charlotte INS until Spring '06.

N

Thats being too optimistic.

With August 2005 PD, you are looking at receiveing the interview letter around July 2006 and interview sometime in Aug/Sept 2006.

My PD is Oct 2004 and I have not even received my interview letter! Go figure!

It took me 16 months from start to finnish at Charlotte.So within that period you should be fine.

Pd Jan 03
Fp June 03
Int June 04
Oath the same month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hellllllloooooo

Any other update from some Charlotte NC person for N-400?

My PD is late Oct 2005, an I have no letter yet!! If notice is 2 months from letter receipt to interview, is this not too late?

My wife had her interview at Charlotte on september the 29th. the appt was for 12.40 pm. she was called at around 1.15pm. the interview lasted for about 30min. overall the interview was verygood. she was asked 7 questions, all from the 100 questions. additionally, she was asked to write a smimple sentence and to read a simple sentence too. additionally, she was asked if she had any traffic sitations, which she had a speeding ticket. she said yes and told him that she has paid it on time. he never asked for proof. he also asked her if she had been in prison. she has never been. she had travelled once to canada. he has asked of all her travels. at the end he gave her the paper marking on the spot where it says "congratulations, you have case has been approved". there was no same day oath ceromony (herd that they have same day on some days). they gave her appt for October the 11th to come and have the oath ceromony. everything went well. we had to wait for almost two hrs to get the exact oath ceromony date. that was the only negative part of the experiance.

she went on October the 11th and had her Oath. she came back with the naturalization cirtificate. everything went well

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for posting your timeline, thats always very helpful.

My PD is late October'05, waiting to get a letter for interview anytime now. It will be exactly 1 year from my PD next week.

Received interview letter today, just wanted to post my timeline ...

Mailed N-400: 2/21/05
Finger Prints Taken: 4/26/05
Interview Letter Received: 11/14/05
Interview Date: 1/24/06

Online status never showed anything, always 'not found ...'

Harry,
You are luck you got you interview letter so soon.

Does anyone know how often people are taking their oath at Charlotte? My interview is 12/13/05.

When can I expect to take the oath?

If you pass the interview in Charlotte, you'll get a letter to attend the oath from the interviewer for 1-2 weeks later.

harry2005 said:
Received interview letter today, just wanted to post my timeline ...

Mailed N-400: 2/21/05
Finger Prints Taken: 4/26/05
Interview Letter Received: 11/14/05
Interview Date: 1/24/06

Online status never showed anything, always 'not found ...'
Harry,

It looks like I am on a similar timeline to you. I was just thinking yesterday when I read your post that you are way ahead of me, but it turns out you're not! When I got home last night I found the interview request letter in my mailbox! Interview date is Jan 31st, 2006. My timeline:

- N400 received by USCIS on March 10, 2005
- Biometrics done May 10th, 2005
- Interview letter received Nov 15th, 2005
- Interview date Jan 31st, 2006

I too am interested in when the oath can take place afterwards. Is it possible to do the oath the same day or within a day or do you always need to wait a couple weeks?

Cheers,
Brian

N-400 processing jump

I noticed that in November 2005 Charlotte reported that is was processing N-400 applications filed in SDeptember 2004. On December 16, 2005 they updated that to show that they are processing applications filed in November 2005. How is that possible that in one month they processed more than a year worth of applications?

My N-400 was filed in Charlotte on August 1, 2005, so according to the December update it shouod have been processed but I have not received anything. I called the INS 1-800 number but they did not have any info on my case.

Should I schedule an InfoPass appointment? Would that help?

You advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Natasha