N-400 Charlotte/NC Timeline

Jerry400,
NO clue, what they did, last time when they got our cases updated, It might be they got a reply back from FBI regarding our FPs, Anyhow according to my calculations(based on the timelines posted in this and other charlotte forums), its taking app. 12-13 months from PD to interview, and they usually sent interview letters 1-2 months ahead. so you should keep your fingers crossed for the apr-may interview.

Keep us posted whenever you'll recieve your interview letter.

Thanks

Hi rajatgupta75 and Jerry400, Its being a while no posts form you guys.Did you guys have any updates from INS regarding your interview ? nothing at my side.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I got my interview letter today.
My PD is 4.2.04
letter for interview 4.2.05
interview 5.3.05

Any word on how long it takes on average to take the oath in Charlotte?

Congragulations on the interview letter ! oath ceremonies are usually held within a week at charlotte. could you please tell weather or not you noticed a change of date in the 'last updated date' field in your uscis online account?
Thanks

Yes. The latest "update" date is when they mailed the letter out. I guess this will give you a 3-5 days heads up!

Interview went well. Typical interview and questions out of the 100 questions pool. Did not need any special papers except for the 2004 taxes (luckily I had them with me) Oath scheduled on the spot for the 12th.

N-400 Interview at Charlotte

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences.

I just stumbled on this website and was happy to see there is a forum for Charlotte N-400 applicants.

I applied my N-400 in Nov 2004 and had FP in Jan 2005. I see the USCIS website shows processing March 2004.

Does anyone know how long I may have to wait?

You should look forward for your interview in Nov-Dec time frame.
Good thing of Charlotte office is that though they are taking long i.e. 12-13 months for the interview but they usually schedule oath on the spot, which usually takes place in a couple of weeks after the interview.

name change

Hi,

I live in the RTP area, and just filed N-400 with texas service center. Is Charlotte DO going to handle my case evantually? I am just a little confused.

I want to change my name in the natualization process, but heard that could delay the process, is that true? has anyone done that with the Charlotte office? what's your experience?

thanks alot!!

Kit

If I live in the RTP area, after the N-400 interview is done, do we go back to Charlotte again to take the oath or is the oath somewhere like Raleigh?

Since name change is going to be permanent, why dont you just go ahead and file for the name change?

I doubt it will delay processing of the N-400.

Good luck.

Charlotte Processing Time

PD - APR 2005
FP - JUN 2005
Int - MAY 2005 (After the interview oath letter was given. Only 6 people were there in the waiting room)
Oath-May 2005

Interview questions were from the standard 100 questions.

Thanks

Hi sjavm1,
Congratulation on your citizenship! Can you be please more specific about your naturalization timeline? When exactly did you apply in Apr 2004 and what are your interview and oath dates?
Thanks

sjavm1 said:
PD - APR 2005
FP - JUN 2005
Int - MAY 2005 (After the interview oath letter was given. Only 6 people were there in the waiting room)
Oath-May 2005

Interview questions were from the standard 100 questions.

Thanks
Hi,
Please answer in the forum what your N-400 expereince was.

Did you apply based on marriage to USC?

What questions did they ask, other than the civics part? Did they ask for any documents?

Charlotte Processing Time

ip_everywhere said:
Hi sjavm1,
Congratulation on your citizenship! Can you be please more specific about your naturalization timeline? When exactly did you apply in Apr 2004 and what are your interview and oath dates?
Thanks
Hi ip_everywhere:

PD - Apr 14 2004
Interview - May 17 2005
Oath - May 19, 2005

Mandazi said:
Hi,
Please answer in the forum what your N-400 expereince was.

Did you apply based on marriage to USC?

No

What questions did they ask, other than the civics part? Did they ask for any documents?

All the questions from the N-400 form were verified. No documents were asked.

I donot need to worry at this point but....

Mine is Texas and charlotte service center
I have PD: Jan-2005
and FP: mar-2005

I know i donot need to worry yet but the thing is i have not received my interview for permanant resident(i am spouse of a US citizen and applying for citizenship after 3 yrs. After applying for permanant greencard, they sent me a letter that my greencard is extended for 12 months, but have not recevied an interview letter for that)
Do you guys think that the greencard issue will interfear with N-400 application?

Anyone with similar case?

I have infopass appointment after 2 weeks, which i had hard time getting. But still want to know if anyone had a similar situation.

I 751

I donot remember when exactly i sent I-751 but I got the receipt from them that they have received my I-751 application and my alian card is extended.

Receipt date: Jan 12, 2004.

and then they sent me a mail on oct. 27, 2004 saying that y petition is forwarded to local district office to await an interview schedule date. and district office will notify me when the interview date becomes available.

After that we moved and we sent them change of address letter. I donot know if i had missed the interview but i will find it out hopefully in two weeks since i have an appointment with officer in charlotte.

I will let you know what happened.

I-751 and N-400

I went to see an officer about my I-751 interview since it was past date and I did not want any problem with N-400 filing.

The officer told me that both of my files are merged and I shall get both interviews at the same time. In the mean time, if i want to get out of country then I should have my passport stamped for I donot have a green card saying that I am legal resident of US.

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately and dumbly, I did not take my passport with me (I donot what came over me to make that stupid mistake) otherwise I would have had my passport stamped at the time I saw officer.

I hope this helps...

Vaishali.