N-400 based on 5 years, previously married US Citizen, divorced & married again to a L1 Visa Holder

mundowise

Registered Users (C)
I just send my application for naturalization based on 5 years not so long ago. My GC was on marriage to a US Citizen back on 2001. It took 3-1/2 years to get my GC, I finally got it in March 2004. I got divorced in early 2006. I married again in October 2008 and my wife is in the US holding a L1 Visa valid until August 2010, and her company is planning to sponsor her for the GC. She has already dual citizenship from other countries, so it's not like she will become a US Citizen in the future....if that matters to USCIS.

Maybe I am worrying too much, but I wanted to know if my previous marriage and divorce or even my second marriage is going to hurt my chances of becoming a citizen?

Please feel free to comment.... Thanks.

Your greencard wasn't conditional, was it? (Assuming not if it took you 3.5 years to get it....) Or if it was, you got the condition removed before you got divorced? I don't see any other issues with your situation.

Maybe I am worrying too much, but I wanted to know if my previous marriage and divorce or even my second marriage is going to hurt my chances of becoming a citizen?
It's only a problem if you can't provide proof of terminating the first marriage.

Your greencard wasn't conditional, was it? (Assuming not if it took you 3.5 years to get it....) Or if it was, you got the condition removed before you got divorced? I don't see any other issues with your situation.

When I finally got the Greencard, it was not condicional. I did file copy of the divorce decree signed by the judge on the application and a copy of the marriage certificate for my 2nd marriage.