n-400 at NSC

ramsun25

Registered Users (C)
mailed out N-400 last week :) . What is the process? How long before I get a receipt? How long is it taking at NSC?

Thank You

Hope we get an answer. I recently started mine.
App sent: Jan 10, 05 (NSC)
PD: Jan 11, 05 (letter received around Jan 21)
FP Scheduled: Mar 1, 05. (letter received around Feb 5)

Will share more as I go through the process.

NSC/Detroit

Hi,
I have recently applied too:
Mail N-400 on Jan 20th, 2005
Check cleared on Jan 26th, 2005
Received notice on Feb 6th, 2005
PD: Jan 21st, 2005

No fingerprint notice yet.
Any recent applicants to NSC/Detroit?. I am wondering when I should be expecting the fingerprint notice?
Thanks

My status (SC: NSC & DO: Detroit)

Mailed N-400 on Feb. 5, 2005
Rec'd at NSC on Feb. 8, 2005 (from tracking report)
Check cleared on Feb. 11th, 2005
Received notice on ???
PD: ???

I am expecting my receipt notice any day now (based on DT2000's and ravirai's timing).

I can't find my case status on-line yet either. There is what appears to be a receipt number written on the front of my cashed check, in the form of LIN123456. When I try to enter this into the on-line status system (as LIN*000123456), I get the message that this case number can not be found. There is also what appears another receipt number on the back of the cashed check, but all I can decipher is the LIN prefix followed by some numbers that I can't read. I gave up until I get the actual recept notice, and I'm also aware that the on-line status system is currently useless anyway for these types of cases (although it would be nice to see come confirmation there!)

Let's stay in touch with each other here in this forum as our cases move along! My DO is Detroit.

N 400

Mailed N400 to NSC 12/06/04
N400 Received at NSC 12/09/04
N400 Received by applicant 12/20/04
Finger Prints NOA 01/07/05
Out of the country
Second Finger Prints NOA 02/04/05
Interview in Denver 03/24/05

I still have not heard a thing about my pending I 751 application since August, 2003. They could not find it in the system. What does that mean?

Jewels

NSC / Chicago DO

We have recently applied for our N-400. Rec'd the NOA letter from INS on Feb 5th, which says we will be notified within 540 days regarding our interview's venue & date. Did anyone of you receive information like this....

Still haven't received any letter regarding FP.

Mailed on : 21st Jan
INS Rec'd on : 24th Jan
Priority Date :24th Jan
Check cleared :27th Jan
Received letter :5th Feb

Thanks

CanTex said:
Received notice on ???
PD: ???

I am expecting my receipt notice any day now (based on DT2000's and ravirai's timing).

I can't find my case status on-line yet either. There is what appears to be a receipt number written on the front of my cashed check, in the form of LIN123456. When I try to enter this into the on-line status system (as LIN*000123456), I get the message that this case number can not be found. There is also what appears another receipt number on the back of the cashed check, but all I can decipher is the LIN prefix followed by some numbers that I can't read. I gave up until I get the actual recept notice, and I'm also aware that the on-line status system is currently useless anyway for these types of cases (although it would be nice to see come confirmation there!)

Let's stay in touch with each other here in this forum as our cases move along! My DO is Detroit.

I get the same message... as I have not seen my online status appear too. In fact I have given up on the online status check. Hopefully things may start showing up after fingerprint.

My update

Sure enough, I received my notice today, right on when I predicted:

Received notice on Feb. 22, 2005
PD: Feb. 8, 2005

Did others have a comment on their notice about "missing evidence" that would need to be brought to the interview? There was no detail on what was "missing" and it also says my interview notice will specify what is needed. I had no exceptional situations on the documentation checklist that applied to me -- doesn't sound like a big deal as long as they tell me what it is!

NSC Rocks!

I received my fingerprint appointment letter today, less than a week after getting my receipt notice!

My update:

Received Receipt Notice on Feb. 22, 2005
PD: Feb. 8, 2005
Received Fingerprint Notification: Feb. 28, 2005
Fingerprint appointment: March 17, 2005

Chicago DO

I had my FP done on 3/4/2005. Called the FBI yesterday for results. They said our FP's are cleared and sent back to INS the same day 0n 3/4. Thats pretty quick!!!!

Mailed on : 21st Jan
INS Rec'd on : 24th Jan
Priority Date :24th Jan
Check cleared :27th Jan
Received letter :5th Feb
FP NOA : 2/25
FP : 3/4

:D