N-400 application questions!

eagle2020

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
1- for part 3 (information about you)
question F: are either of your parents US citizen?
My father was a US citizen but he passed away, do I have to still answer yes or no?
2- for part 4 (addresses and telephone numbers)
question B : should I write my address again if it is the same as my home address in question A?
3- for part 7 (time outside the US)
question C : I took a trip outside the US that lasted for exactly 180 days(from 1/30/11 to 7/29/11) the question asks if my trip took 6 or more months? should my answer be yes or no given the fact that 180 counts for 6 months if we consider every month to be 30 days but few few months were 31 days?

Thank you very much

Hi,
My father was a US citizen but he passed away, do I have to still answer yes or no?
2- for part 4 (addresses and telephone numbers)
question B : should I write my address again if it is the same as my home address in question A?
3- for part 7 (time outside the US)
question C : I took a trip outside the US that lasted for exactly 180 days(from 1/30/11 to 7/29/11) the question asks if my trip took 6 or more months? should my answer be yes or no given the fact that 180 counts for 6 months if we consider every month to be 30 days but few few months were 31 days?

Thank you very much

3- It's actually 179 days. Days when you depart and arrive are days in. Because you were simply in the country. I had the same situation, IO didn't question it and i passed the interview last week.

Hi,

Answer YES. But if your father became a US citizen before you turned 18, don't file the N-400 before you figure out whether you qualify for derivative citizenship. If you meet the conditions to obtain citizenship through your father, filing N-400 will be a waste of time and money.