N-400 application.can somebody plz reply me

tangerine77

Registered Users (C)
hi iam filing for N-400 application. Iam from India and hold a green card. My question is,

1. What do I have to fill in coloumn RACE: there is no East indian icon to click on the box. all that is there is Asian. Mostly people in USA call chinese and Japanese as Asian. iam asian to in one way but I have a doubt . Plz clarify me on that.

2. Do we have to mention NONE or N/A in every box that is not relevant to us?

3. Iam pregnant for first time. My expected date of delivery is Feb. but no body can predict the exact date of delivery . should i mention as no children on the date of filing application?

4. I live in durham, North carolina. I saw the processing times and it says 15 months. Will it improve. I heard there is local office in Raleigh area. Will it handle N-400 applicants and make the process a bit quicker.

Please reply my questions.

Thank you

Thank you

1. ASIAN should be fine

2. N/A

3. All questions are applicable as on date of filing the application

4. Don't know. Check to see if there is a separate thread for your local DO

hi iam filing for N-400 application. Iam from India and hold a green card. My question is,

1. What do I have to fill in coloumn RACE: there is no East indian icon to click on the box. all that is there is Asian. Mostly people in USA call chinese and Japanese as Asian. iam asian to in one way but I have a doubt . Plz clarify me on that.
Either white , asian or both. Select what you identify yourself with.
2. Do we have to mention NONE or N/A in every box that is not relevant to us?
According to instruction you should write n/a in boxes that don't apply to you.
3. Iam pregnant for first time. My expected date of delivery is Feb. but no body can predict the exact date of delivery . should i mention as no children on the date of filing application?
You would indicate no child before it is born, and update the application during the interview after your child is born.
4. I live in durham, North carolina. I saw the processing times and it says 15 months. Will it improve. I heard there is local office in Raleigh area. Will it handle N-400 applicants and make the process a bit quicker.
15 months is inaccurate. It's taking about 5-8 months for Raleigh based on recent postings

Bob, Can u plz clarify me

Thanks for your reply . I have gone through what u have typed and its taking 14-15 months to get citizenship, as I was making time period for the dates you have posted . It doesnt correlate with 5-8 months processing times u mentioned for Raleigh office.

I have checked on USCIS website for processing times and they said current processing time for N-400applicants is august7,2007 with (updated sept30,2008) Charlotte- Raleigh office. They didnt mention Raleigh office as separate field office. do you know any individuals in Raleigh D.O area who get in 5-8 months.

Please let me know

Thank u

The 15 month time frame is a goal for applications that were filed up to August 2007. The processing times that USCIS have posted don't say anything about how long current applications are taking. However, several posters who filed this year at Raleigh have completed the process in several months, including fbanna79 (5months), knp (8 months), murals72 (8months), washburn27(7 months), eau_explain(5 months), synn_r(6 months) to name a few.

Post your timeline on the Raleigh thread so that others can follow your progress:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=269965&highlight=raleigh&page=51

I had the very same question about N/A and None. In some places you can just put N/A in the first field of the section (this is mentioned in the accompanying N400 instruction guide in pdf format on the USCIS website).

I didn't get all crazy with the N/A. I used it in moderation and where it made sense. For example in the section about your spouse it asks if she is a US citizen or not. The sections following that are based on the US citizen answer being Negative. In my case, my spouse is a US citizen and so I left it at that. There was no point in filling all the following questions with N/A if the first question was a Yes. Also in the address section there is a c/o address. Here the instruction pdf asks for you to type "Same" if the c/o address matches the mailing address. Also, there were other sections that listed a whole bunch of textboxes in case you belonged to certain groups. I just answered that question as "No" and put N/A in the first field. In the selective service registration it asks if you were not required to register it asks to fill a "No" and proceed to the next section. Here too I didn't put any N/A in the selective registration number and date because I answered it as "No".

Will find out how my application goes...:)

Thanks,
Jac.

Personally I didn't use N/A in the fields that didn't apply for me and it didn't affect the processing of my case.