N-400 app etc

andiron4334

Registered Users (C)
hi:

i am about to file for citizenship..and following the posts here, i will say yes for traffic citation. Am i right that w/ N-400 no other documents need to be sent?..any queries like courts records , if at all, will be during the interview.
Now for court records, can you get that info on the internet or phone or do we have to go to the court itself. I am in miami.
Also, am i right that item 13 and 14 of N-400 remains blank and not to be filled.
Also, one check of $400 is good? (not 2, 300 & 70 separately) and payable to US citizenship and immigration service? (not INS)..Am i right?
Thx all
andi

You ask about 2 checks or 1 Check .. You wrote $300 & $70 ... It is $330 & $70 which adds up to $400.
I am not sure if it was a writing error or if you really thought the Fee was only $300.

My experience in this regard was extremely good.
I had a speeding ticket 7-8 yrs ago (I have even forgotten the actual date/month). I just mentioned it in N-400 and also during the interview, and also told them I wasn't too sure about the date/month, just that it was a speeding ticket and I had paid the fine.
And I was never asked to show any supporting documents.

There's a very clear checklist in either the instructions or the Guide to Naturalization.

Also, I'm pretty sure (but you should check) that the check should be made out to the Department of Homeland Security.

FLYDOG:

it is homeland security OR uscis..for some inexplicable reason i like USCIS...
Lady.that i was typo. Thx.
photos: since INS photos are now same as USpassport photos, kinko is as good a choice as any.. Right?
Thx all.